wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 8:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 11:45 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Murs wrote:
your first point is strong, but it does not take into account the long period of time darox was inactive from editing.
from the apparant nature of darox being gone as an editor(a year), i argue that this time in mia removes his claim to claim ownership of the map in the case of who can and can not edit the map.

also omnimancer's point of "noone really owns the map" nullifies his claim that darox owned the map over pandamime.
nice one, cheesedick.

That's sort of somewhat irrelevant. He still didn't give him permission to change his work. However, for doing that, I would say he's somewhat of a jerk/idiot. That's like asking for your game to die out. Stubborn and prideful, because he's not willing to give anyone the map to edit but himself.

It also nullifies any argument anyone can give over it, as well.

(...but Darox has a Hobbes avatar...how cool is that?! :P)

PostPosted: January 30th, 2009, 12:09 am 
Newcomer

omnimancer wrote:
Using your logic that if someone is inactive they no longer own something that they own. So that means if bill gates goes on vacation for 1 year, he will no longer own microsoft and someone else owns it. Maybe Darox does not legally own the map but he does have "permission" to edit the map unlike Panda, he who stole it.

ok son just because i abused you with your own hole-ridden logic doesn't mean that you even know what i'm talking about or the basics of argument. you cannot compare a company with a war3 custom map, the comparison is asinine and naive.

who gave darox permission to edit the map? the battlenet public? yacapo?
i'm going to assume for the sake of argument that in this case you are referring to yacapo.
yacapo has given his support for pandamime and darox, he's pretty happy that there are capable editors still editing his map.

Bartimaeus wrote:
That's sort of somewhat irrelevant. He still didn't give him permission to change his work. However, for doing that, I would say he's somewhat of a jerk/idiot. That's like asking for your game to die out. Stubborn and prideful, because he's not willing to give anyone the map to edit but himself.

It also nullifies any argument anyone can give over it, as well.

(...but Darox has a Hobbes avatar...how cool is that?! :P)

it was a dick move, and because of this dick move and leaving the community out to die i argue that pandamime had the right to edit the map.

i wouldn't know what avatar darox had, i'm banned from the site(and this is the same site that i was admin of initially and then gave it to darox :roll: )

PostPosted: January 30th, 2009, 1:10 am 
Old Wrinkly Member

Title: Hah changed my title
I'm pretty sure you stated that it is yacapo who gave the map to darox and it is pandamine who stole it from darox.
And.. Banned? For what reason.
P.S Hobbes is cool! Calvin is uhh weird.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2009, 3:08 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Murs wrote:
who gave darox permission to edit the map? the battlenet public? yacapo?
i'm going to assume for the sake of argument that in this case you are referring to yacapo.
yacapo has given his support for pandamime and darox, he's pretty happy that there are capable editors still editing his map.

it was a dick move, and because of this dick move and leaving the community out to die i argue that pandamime had the right to edit the map.

i wouldn't know what avatar darox had, i'm banned from the site(and this is the same site that i was admin of initially and then gave it to darox :roll: )

I agree, his logic was quite fail in that one post, but overall, you're wrong, and he's right. From what I understand this is how it went:

Yacapo makes map, and works on it. Yacapo quits making map. Yacapo gives map to Darox. Darox works on map. Darox quits. Pandamine deprotects the map WITHOUT Darox's permission. Yacapo supports Pandamine, (this is irrelevant). Darox gives Pandamine the deprotected map, because he figures that he might as well, since Pandamine already deprotected it on his own. Darox disappears for a year or so, and comes back. Doesn't like where Pandamine has taken the map, so he starts working on the map. Who gave him the map? Yacapo? If so, Pandamine and Yacapo are both in the wrong, for taking & giving the map without their owner's consent. Darox may be a jerk, but he did not violate somebody's rights, ;)

Assuming, however, that we don't include the policy that Blizzard owns every map created for Warcraft 3.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2009, 3:16 am 
Newcomer

it should be noted that initially yacapo was furious that aerox gave darox the map, and was really against him editing ID.
this was until yacapo realized that he didn't have the time to edit anymore because of medical school.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2009, 3:24 am 
Old Wrinkly Member

Both aerox and yacapo are owners of Island defense yes? If aerox AND yacapo are the original owners of Island defense then aerox has the right to give the map to darox, so darox gets the right to edit it. So I'm pretty sure your logic that darox does not have the right to edit ID is incorrect.

Assuming the Blizzard EULA isn't a part of this, or else I would have to say "owners".

PostPosted: January 30th, 2009, 3:29 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Murs wrote:
it should be noted that initially yacapo was furious that aerox gave darox the map, and was really against him editing ID.
this was until yacapo realized that he didn't have the time to edit anymore because of medical school.

I miss Aero...he doesn't hardly visit us, anymore.

Okay, so, essentially, Aero was in the wrong, Pandamine was in the wrong, and Yacapo was in the wrong, but Darox WASN'T.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2009, 3:58 am 
Old Wrinkly Member

Seems like me and bart are getting epic fun out of this. Let's not turn it into a flame war though. Hmm looking for more evidence against panda. Ah!
Murs wrote:
i'll reiterate, the map is not darox's.

panda did hack it, your attitude towards deprotecting a warcraft custom map is highly comical on a forum that's purpose is to edit and hack maps. although he already had the map deprotected and was working on it, darox did send him the unprotected map eventually.

First you state the map is not darox's.

Murs wrote:

Then you stated that aerox gave darox the map, thus he has permission to edit the map.

Ok so I'll admit my logic was partly fail in that post but it's win in other ones.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2009, 4:23 am 
Newcomer

if by giving the map to a person, it signifies permission in editing the map, then when darox gave padamime the map he relinquished what claim he had over panda by your logic once again.

the fact that he already had the map unprotected and was working on it is irrelevent.

"Then you stated that aerox gave darox the map, thus he has permission to edit the map."
by this maxim, once again your entire argument goes down the drain.

before you post up another pitiful argument, consider this.
what translates to "ownership" of a map, in the sense that they have the right to choose whether or not to edit it?
what could cause said person or persons to lose "ownership" in the defined sense of the word?

"Seems like me and bart are getting epic fun out of this. Let's not turn it into a flame war though. Hmm looking for more evidence against panda. Ah!"
it may be "epic fun" for you, but an argument with one that has the mind of a child is largely a waste of time.
consider taking a bit more time and writing a decent response next time.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2009, 4:31 am 

Title: Sir Awesome
I thought you were done!
-.-
lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next