wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 3:24 pm 

Title: Sir Awesome
Syaorann wrote:
You can deprotect it and play if you want, it won't work, everyone will pass off your version as a fake

Huh?
I was actually thinkin about trying to start up by own map now haha, but it would be counter productive. I'll just wait for StarCraft.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 5:35 pm 
Newcomer

Yeah, that would be better probably.

Maybe you should ask one of the editors for permission to make the map?

PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 2:16 am 

Syaorann wrote:
Yeah, that would be better probably.

Maybe you should ask one of the editors for permission to make the map?

As I had said, it would be counter productive. I'm upset enough about there being 2 versions. If I make a third, I'd just be adding to the problem, and have no part in the solution I am trying to receive. =P

Haha, if you go to island-defense.com, you should look at murs's thing. His title is "Reasons 7-8 of why island defense sucks." lol

PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 2:31 am 
Newcomer

the reason you acquired support on darox's site is not because your points are valid and rational, it is because a fair number of your points are thinly veiled attacks on pandamime and myself.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 2:38 am 

They aren't very "thinly" veiled. They're very direct.

They are, however, quite valid points. They may not legitimately be "10 reasons why Island Defense Sucks", but they are 10 things that really piss me off about Island Defense. Like I had said, this was the result of me playing more than fifteen games of straight crap, and getting very upset.

They're more at Pandamine also. You're only in there because you really pissed me off a while ago, and while I was typing it I thought of that. Pandamine really isn't doing THAT much. I almost guarantee you I could do the exact same things he has done to the map, and I have almost no experience. Given I cannot do JASS, but GUI does almost the same thing and I could do that.

Anyhow, the real reason I'm getting more support on Darox's site is because half of the Island Defense community jumped at the chance to be known for kissing up to Panda/Wall.up/whatever his name is now. Half of everyone ditched the old Island Defense for Panda's shit. I find that to be ridiculous too.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 4:18 am 
Newcomer

patrick-the-bomb wrote:
They aren't very "thinly" veiled. They're very direct.

They are, however, quite valid points. They may not legitimately be "10 reasons why Island Defense Sucks", but they are 10 things that really piss me off about Island Defense. Like I had said, this was the result of me playing more than fifteen games of straight crap, and getting very upset.

They're more at Pandamine also. You're only in there because you really pissed me off a while ago, and while I was typing it I thought of that. Pandamine really isn't doing THAT much. I almost guarantee you I could do the exact same things he has done to the map, and I have almost no experience. Given I cannot do JASS, but GUI does almost the same thing and I could do that.

Anyhow, the real reason I'm getting more support on Darox's site is because half of the Island Defense community jumped at the chance to be known for kissing up to Panda/Wall.up/whatever his name is now. Half of everyone ditched the old Island Defense for Panda's shit. I find that to be ridiculous too.

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
darox has been mia from the map for just about a year before he released 286.
before the 286 official release, a buggy 286 beta was released and became very popular.
at this time darox quit editing, and it became very apparant to me and many other people that darox would likely stop editing or not edit for a long time.

it was a few monthes ago when panda deprotected island defense and started editing it.
at first i was really skeptical but i began to support him after a while.
here are my reasons for supporting panda
-he is dedicated and is a capable editor
-his purpose in editing is to make the map better
-he is willing to put in the time and effort to make the map better
-his doctrine in testing and game release is heavily beta test related
-he listens to, interacts, and utilizes the community in map development

when panda first started editing his deprot version, darox took a very strong approach against him.
darox was so adamently against this that numerous posts, game updates, and topics concerning the panda release of island defense were deleted from the .org site.
to myself and adam at the time(the only 2 other active admins), it seemed as though darox was against it due to the fact that he was working on another version, and didn't wish for panda's one to frequent battlenet.

adam and i continued to let darox abuse panda from this conclusion, and pressed him about a possible new version in the private forums.
after what was a few weeks it seemed likely that darox was through editing, so adam and i left the site and joined panda on the new site.

it is no secret that darox and i don't get along very well together, but i put up with him on .org solely for the purpose of a better map and for the community. it is entirely professional, and not for personal reasons that i chose to support panda. your points are filled with speculation, nonsense, and personal attacks. you claim that the community ditched for "panda's shit", but darox ditched the community a long time ago.

i'm done with you.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 4:43 am 

umm. ok? lol

PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 10:07 pm 

Title: WC3Edit's Spaz
Man, so much has changed...

Island Defense used to be the shit, and I was pro. Now, it seems like its all going down the crapper, and I haven't played in so long. I haven't even made an account on any of the new forums.

I had no idea that there were two versions of ID going around until now lol.

Anyways, I do agree with you mostly, and I could probably feel your pain better if I played a game.

Edit: Also, about the Satyr:

I played a version in single player for shits and giggles one time, and noticed that satyr was 2 gold to select? What's up with that?

Visit my thread: http://forum.wc3edit.net/map-deprotection-cheating-f3/unal-and-al-commands-in-jj-s-cheatpack-t9607.html

PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 11:05 pm 
Old Wrinkly Member

Title: Hah changed my title
So murs meant.
Panda stole darox's version, deprotected it and darox got angry at panda and you but you guys wont stop editing the stolen version.
Then darox quit because his map was stolen.

Did darox give panda the unprotected version or did panda hack it?

PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 11:52 pm 

Panda edited it on his own

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next