wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 1:43 am 
Newcomer

All your posts on the ID website are flaming Pandamime and Murs/Kyleep

Who wouldn't get pissed off?

Islanddefense.org hates Pandamime, so of course they're supporting you

Haven't you noticed the hostality towards Pandamime?

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 3:37 am 

Title: Map Maker
omnimancer wrote:
So murs meant.
Panda stole darox's version, deprotected it and darox got angry at panda and you but you guys wont stop editing the stolen version.
Then darox quit because his map was stolen.

Did darox give panda the unprotected version or did panda hack it?

Darox quit because he was probably butthurt about something

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 3:41 am 
Newcomer

omnimancer wrote:
So murs meant.
Panda stole darox's version, deprotected it and darox got angry at panda and you but you guys wont stop editing the stolen version.

rewording it to demonize panda doesn't give you any sort of credibility.

panda took the version that darox stopped working on for a year, and got permission from the original creators to keep on editing the map. it is not any more darox's map than it is panda's.

i'll reiterate, the map is not darox's.

panda did hack it, your attitude towards deprotecting a warcraft custom map is highly comical on a forum that's purpose is to edit and hack maps. although he already had the map deprotected and was working on it, darox did send him the unprotected map eventually.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 4:02 am 
Old Wrinkly Member

Title: Hah changed my title
1: I didn't want any credibility.
2: Panda "hacked" it. Darox gave him the unprotected map "eventually". With this evidence I can conclude that Darox gave Panda the map after he hacked it, thus Darox realized Panda hacked his map already, he can't be stopped so Darox gave him the unprotected version.
3: This forum does not hack maps to claim it as our own, we do edit it and hack it but the credit is still the original author's.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 4:53 am 

Title: Sir Awesome
Murs wrote:
omnimancer wrote:
So murs meant.

rewording it to demonize panda doesn't give you any sort of credibility.

panda took the version that darox stopped working on for a year, and got permission from the original creators to keep on editing the map. it is not any more darox's map than it is panda's.

i'll reiterate, the map is not darox's.

panda did hack it, your attitude towards deprotecting a warcraft custom map is highly comical on a forum that's purpose is to edit and hack maps. although he already had the map deprotected and was working on it, darox did send him the unprotected map eventually.

I thought you were done...

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 5:50 am 
Newcomer

omnimancer wrote:
2: Panda "hacked" it. Darox gave him the unprotected map "eventually". With this evidence I can conclude that Darox gave Panda the map after he hacked it, thus Darox realized Panda hacked his map already, he can't be stopped so Darox gave him the unprotected version.
3: This forum does not hack maps to claim it as our own, we do edit it and hack it but the credit is still the original author's.

darox is not the original editor of island defense.
utilizing your logic, the map is not darox's own, therefore he is not free to give or keep the map.

yacapo is cool with panda editing the map, he gave him his support.
by your logic, the credit resides with the original authors, so it was not darox's right to even say panda could or could not edit the map.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 6:57 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Murs wrote:
omnimancer wrote:

darox is not the original editor of island defense.
utilizing your logic, the map is not darox's own, therefore he is not free to give or keep the map.

yacapo is cool with panda editing the map, he gave him his support.
by your logic, the credit resides with the original authors, so it was not darox's right to even say panda could or could not edit the map.

If this Yacapo fellow gave the map to Darox, I would say he did own it, at least to an extent. He put his work into it, didn't he? It's not like he just changed this fellow Yacapo's name into Darox, right? Yacapo may be, "cool", with Pandamine editing the map, but it's not his to give out, anymore, because now Darox has worked on it a lot, and since Yacapo isn't going to put any more effort into it, nor did Darox give him permission to, it is not his to give out, and thus, Pandamine hacked it and changed it without Darox, the owner's, permission.

Yes, yes, this Yacapo is the original editor, but he is not the owner of the map, (nobody is, really, at least, not legally).

Our forum's purpose, is also, not to cheating maps, it's to edit freely, and not be limited by protections. If we want to add cheats, (I repeat, cheats, not hacks), to a map, then, well hell, we'll do so. Whether this contradicts my earlier points matters not, because I'm going by your set of rules, and your set of morals.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 7:46 pm 
Old Wrinkly Member

Note to all people who say "This is my map!" The map is officially and legally owned by Blizzard Entertainment. So Icefrog does not legally own DotA, Panda does not own Island Defense. Blizzard owns all maps made by world editor. You guys never read the EULA when installing the game did you? I don't think so.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 9:51 pm 
Newcomer

Bartimaeus wrote:
Murs wrote:
omnimancer wrote:

If this Yacapo fellow gave the map to Darox, I would say he did own it, at least to an extent. He put his work into it, didn't he? It's not like he just changed this fellow Yacapo's name into Darox, right? Yacapo may be, "cool", with Pandamine editing the map, but it's not his to give out, anymore, because now Darox has worked on it a lot, and since Yacapo isn't going to put any more effort into it, nor did Darox give him permission to, it is not his to give out, and thus, Pandamine hacked it and changed it without Darox, the owner's, permission.

Yes, yes, this Yacapo is the original editor, but he is not the owner of the map, (nobody is, really, at least, not legally).

Our forum's purpose, is also, not to cheating maps, it's to edit freely, and not be limited by protections. If we want to add cheats, (I repeat, cheats, not hacks), to a map, then, well hell, we'll do so. Whether this contradicts my earlier points matters not, because I'm going by your set of rules, and your set of morals.

your first point is strong, but it does not take into account the long period of time darox was inactive from editing.
from the apparant nature of darox being gone as an editor(a year), i argue that this time in mia removes his claim to claim ownership of the map in the case of who can and can not edit the map.

also omnimancer's point of "noone really owns the map" nullifies his claim that darox owned the map over pandamime.
nice one, cheesedick.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 10:39 pm 
Old Wrinkly Member

Using your logic that if someone is inactive they no longer own something that they own. So that means if bill gates goes on vacation for 1 year, he will no longer own microsoft and someone else owns it. Maybe Darox does not legally own the map but he does have "permission" to edit the map unlike Panda, he who stole it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next