What is and How do you DESYNC

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
Ichi-1
Title: 5th highest Clan ACE

What is and How do you DESYNC

Post by Ichi-1 »

in dota lol
???
active*
Fulfiled request : 4
Goal: 50 [sooner or later]

EDIT THIS MAP FOR ME please http://forum.wc3edit.net/post95935.html#p95935 please ME FOR MAP THIS EDIT
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Re: What is and How do you DESYNC

Post by Senethior459 »

Many people refer to them as "server splits" on B.Net, because they think that the server kicked them off, or they had a connection issue with it. In essence, your game "splits off" from the others. You're following an alternate timeline. You're still playing the game, but nobody else is there. Nobody is chatting back, their units are only still moving if they were following previously-issues orders... Everyone just dropped out. That's desync.
How? When there's an error; an inconsistency. Sometimes it's just an error with the map. A mapmaker might have made some particularly bad coding, or they just used so much leaky GUI (enough to make initialD's head completely pop off!) that WC3 couldn't take it. Or, it can be something else. Third-party programs (maphacks, etc.) can contribute to the problem. If you try adding cheats like -gold into a collided map... It instantly causes a desync. Everyone is playing the same game, and all of a sudden, your game thinks you have a different amount of gold than everyone else's game thinks you do. And there's a desync.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
initialD
Some Honorary Title
Title: Angry Bird

Post by initialD »

how do you sync in dota?
Ichi-1
Title: 5th highest Clan ACE

Post by Ichi-1 »

ty nice explanation
active*
Fulfiled request : 4
Goal: 50 [sooner or later]

EDIT THIS MAP FOR ME please http://forum.wc3edit.net/post95935.html#p95935 please ME FOR MAP THIS EDIT
Shamanno1
Forum Staff
Title: 11

Post by Shamanno1 »

Senethior459 wrote:Many people refer to them as "server splits" on B.Net, because they think that the server kicked them off, or they had a connection issue with it. In essence, your game "splits off" from the others. You're following an alternate timeline. You're still playing the game, but nobody else is there. Nobody is chatting back, their units are only still moving if they were following previously-issues orders... Everyone just dropped out. That's desync.
How? When there's an error; an inconsistency. Sometimes it's just an error with the map. A mapmaker might have made some particularly bad coding, or they just used so much leaky GUI (enough to make initialD's head completely pop off!) that WC3 couldn't take it. Or, it can be something else. Third-party programs (maphacks, etc.) can contribute to the problem. If you try adding cheats like -gold into a collided map... It instantly causes a desync. Everyone is playing the same game, and all of a sudden, your game thinks you have a different amount of gold than everyone else's game thinks you do. And there's a desync.
Actually u can chat and they still move but everything comes
like 3-4 sec later(u can say that u play in the past kek)=> u beat the crap out of them in ure game and they beat the crap out of u in there game====> everybody is happy ====> epic win
~Everything changes~
I have met people who have no dreams, who have simply accepted their fate to work, exist, and die. They are the most miserable people I have ever known.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

It never works that way for me... Whenever I get desynced, they are gone. Not just a large delay.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
TheWand
Title: Pro at cooking.

Post by TheWand »

On DotA it happens, too, when you go AFK for long time (about 10-30 minutes).
Click.
Spoiler:
Contact me on Azeroth: Tauren[ChaR]
Join clan ChaR for Custom Hero Arena games. (Or DotA, whatever)
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

depends, some maps split complete (everyone but you and maybe some others leaves) and some split like sham explained.
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!
In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Shamanno1 wrote:
Senethior459 wrote:Many people refer to them as "server splits" on B.Net, because they think that the server kicked them off, or they had a connection issue with it. In essence, your game "splits off" from the others. You're following an alternate timeline. You're still playing the game, but nobody else is there. Nobody is chatting back, their units are only still moving if they were following previously-issues orders... Everyone just dropped out. That's desync.
Actually u can chat and they still move but everything comes
like 3-4 sec later(u can say that u play in the past kek)=> u beat the crap out of them in ure game and they beat the crap out of u in there game====> everybody is happy ====> epic win
Senethior459 wrote:It never works that way for me... Whenever I get desynced, they are gone. Not just a large delay.
I've had both happen to me. Senethior, your's happens to more a lot often, however, in Battle Mages, I have had Shamanno's happen.