Hrm, Poll. Marijuana

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.

Whats your opinion of Marijuana

Love it
26%
Hate it
37%
I dont smoke it, but not against it
37%

Total votes: 19

DarkHacker
Title: Deadly Shadow

Hrm, Poll. Marijuana

Post by DarkHacker »

Ive saw in some posts that some people on here are against Marijuana, and some are for, So, Please vote and leave a comment about it.

Kind of a random post, but I wanna hear your guys opinions.
matchai
Forum Staff

Re: Hrm, Poll. Marijuana

Post by matchai »

It really messes you up....
Kryptonyte
Forum Staff

Post by Kryptonyte »

Quit for my girl... used to smoke though.
Made by the late ILikeHacking

My quote from SKillER
Spoiler:
Chat wrote:(19:12:41) SKillER: newfags cant triforce
(19:20:30) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:20:35) SKillER: aww
(19:20:37) FatherSpace: FAIL
(19:20:43) Kryptonyte: Wow stop failing.
(19:20:47) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:21:41) Kryptonyte: .

. ▲
▲ ▲
(19:22:20) Kryptonyte: I guess you were right, newfags can't triforce.
(19:22:29) SKillER: . . ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:04) SKillER: OMFG
(19:23:06) SKillER: ... THIS CHAT
(19:23:06) SKillER: !
(19:23:36) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:46) SKillER: ▲
.▲ ▲
Apparently, SKillER is a newfag.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

It's a bad idea. When you smoke marijuana, you are ingesting chemicals that mess with your perception of reality. Medicine is great, it has physiological effects that help you through whatever. But marijuana is affecting not your body, but your mind. Your brain is the most complex and the least understood part of the body. Do you really want to be using chemicals to alter the way it works?
Besides that, there's also the problem that you're smoking. When you inhale smoke, you tend to start coughing, at least at first. Usually when you're coughing, it means something is wrong. You're sick, or you're choking. You would think that this would clue you in that your body doesn't like it; that it isn't good for you. But if you go ahead, and keep smoking, you stop coughing. This should worry you even more. It means that your body is getting used to it. Do you want your body to get used to inhaling marijuana smoke? The more your body becomes accustomed to it, the more your mind becomes accustomed to it. And that's when you become addicted. You can't stop (addicted to the shin-dig! (Red Hot Chili Peppers are awesome!)). You must have it, you need it. I don't know about you, but I consider that to be a bad thing.
That's my two cents. I realize that many people here will disagree with me on this, but this is what I believe. If you want to go smoke weed, go for it. It's your life, it's your decision. I can only advise. But my advice, if you want to take it, is to leave it alone.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

It definitively messes with your brain permanently. If you ever meet people who regularly consume that shit you will surely realize that. But there are people who don't care about their brain and don't mind a character change so "have fun" I guess?

edit:
Just read your post Senethior, the coughing stuff reminded me on some marijuana consuming people who told me it would be such a pleasure to cough while being stoned so they kept doing it for quite a while - later they pretended it would even be healthy and free the lungs from all the cigarette smoke-tar-whatever.
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!
In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
DarkHacker
Title: Deadly Shadow

Post by DarkHacker »

Well, In my view, its just a relaxant, smoking it basically does the same as a cigarette, give or take some stats. It can be addictive, I will admit, but then again, if you get hooked on it, it will make you a little bit dumber, but if you were dumb enough to smoke so much you get addicted, then a few IQ points aint gonna matter.

This is just my personal opinion, so no one freak out.
TheWand
Title: Pro at cooking.

Post by TheWand »

Drugs are a curse. Don't agree? Read.

"Smoking of cannabis is the most harmful method of consumption, since the combination of inhalation of smoke from organic materials such as tobacco, wood, gasoline and cannabis can cause various health problems. However, recent studies have shown that using a vaporizer for cannabis consumption appears to eliminate almost all of the health problems and objections related to cannabis use.
A 2007 study by the Canadian government found cannabis smoke contained more toxic substances than tobacco smoke. The study determined that marijuana smoke contained 20 times more ammonia, and five times more hydrogen cyanide and nitrogen oxides than tobacco smoke. In spite of this, recent studies have been unable to demonstrate a direct link between lung cancer and frequent direct inhalation of marijuana smoke. While many researchers have failed to find a correlation, some researchers still conclude that marijuana smoke poses a higher risk of lung cancer than tobacco. Some studies have even shown that the non-psychoactive ingredient CBD found in marijuana may be useful in treating breast cancer.
Cannabis use has been assessed by several studies to be correlated with the development of anxiety, psychosis and depression, however, no causal mechanism has been proven, and the meaning of the correlation and its direction is a subject of debate that has not been resolved in the scientific community. Some studies assess that the causality is more likely to involve a path from cannabis use to psychotic symptoms rather than a path from psychotic symptoms to cannabis use, while others assess the opposite direction of the causality, or hold cannabis to only form parts of a "causal constellation", while not inflicting mental health problems that would not have occurred in the absence of the cannabis use.
Studies have also shown links between heavy long-term use (over five joints daily over several years) and incidence of heart attacks, strokes, as well as abnormalities in the amygdala and hippocampus regions of the brain."

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Click.
Spoiler:
Contact me on Azeroth: Tauren[ChaR]
Join clan ChaR for Custom Hero Arena games. (Or DotA, whatever)
patrick-the-bomb
Title: Sir Awesome

Post by patrick-the-bomb »

Well, I think it's all about the individual person. Some people, such as ones that smoke daily - before school, after school, during the week- are DUMB.

If people smoke once in a while - weekends, once a week - I don't think it's a terribly bad thing.

I smoked for the first time yesterday with some friends and it was pretty fun. I don't think it's a terrible thing in moderation. Like most things in the world, moderation is a HUGE key...
SpEeDyGonsales
Newcomer

Post by SpEeDyGonsales »

I tried it but its not for me
Guess who is back ;)
Small Sized Duck
Noob
Title: LSD.

Post by Small Sized Duck »

I hate weed crashes