The Art of Playing Hacked Maps

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
Controversy
Title: Ubiquitous

The Art of Playing Hacked Maps

Post by Controversy »

So now, the thing as humans is that we enjoy getting things the easy way. However, which of you concur that when we get things the easy way, it backfires and we lose the fun compared to the satisfaction as when we actually attained it through our labour.

Similarly, when we play a game, doesn't it feel much better to play an RPG and get all the 1337 items through our work? Or the new discovery of an item. Point is, how many of you feel this after playing a hacked map just once or twice, 'Hey, this is getting pretty shit ass boring, it's like a 100% win!'? Well I feel it alot of times, especially when I play Glaive Masters, Pudge Wars etc. We dislike the feeling of losing, as such when we're losing, at least for me, the next instant would be '-cheats(space)(space)' followed by '-addhp 5000'. And following that, its instant win.

Personally I don't feel the glorious satisfaction of winning through skill, and lose the fun in playing a hacked map. And yet, there's this constant naggy feeling at you that, here at wc3edit, is a vault of hacked maps which grants you a God position in that game and who doesn't like being God as with Bruce Almighty?

Discuss. As with your feelings in hacked maps etc.
To be transcendent, to be superior. The knowledge and assurance soothes. So what does it require?
Spoiler:
Great is the man who observes and reads, [blinking]foolish is the dope who wasteth his time reading this.[/blinking]
Kryptonyte
Forum Staff

Re: The Art of Playing Hacked Maps

Post by Kryptonyte »

Honestly, I don't really use the cheats. Which I guess is a little ironic, because I'm probably one of the highest hacked map producers of this site. I feel as though cheating takes away all of the... fun, I guess. I play TBR RPG, Defi4nc3 RPG, Diablo Duels, etc. without cheats. Anyways, I kind of have mixed feels towards this. I believe cheating to WIN is bad, but cheating to HELP is acceptable. What I mean is, cheating to be the #1 is pretty damn lame, however, cheating to help someone level in an RPG or get a new item or whatever is okay.
Made by the late ILikeHacking

My quote from SKillER
Spoiler:
Chat wrote:(19:12:41) SKillER: newfags cant triforce
(19:20:30) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:20:35) SKillER: aww
(19:20:37) FatherSpace: FAIL
(19:20:43) Kryptonyte: Wow stop failing.
(19:20:47) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:21:41) Kryptonyte: .

. ▲
▲ ▲
(19:22:20) Kryptonyte: I guess you were right, newfags can't triforce.
(19:22:29) SKillER: . . ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:04) SKillER: OMFG
(19:23:06) SKillER: ... THIS CHAT
(19:23:06) SKillER: !
(19:23:36) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:46) SKillER: ▲
.▲ ▲
Apparently, SKillER is a newfag.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

Cheating to win is boring. Why bother playing if you know you're going to win? I'll cheat to help people with their character sometimes, but usually I cheat for fun. A lot of people on B.Net are way too serious about the games. Especially DotA. The people that play DotA are way too serious about the game. I try to help them remember to have a bit of fun in it. It's just a game, and they forget about it sometimes, so I cheat and mess with a few people. Fai's is pretty good for this, as is Xantan's.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

I agree with Sene. Cheating to win is only fun the first few times. Cuz usually after you win there's no point in playing it anymore. When I recently found out that the Gem TD that everyone owns has cheats in it, I like to mess with the people who are shittalking others and maybe ruin their maze P:. It's fun to mess with serious people.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...
Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

I remember one of the first cheats I used was from Contra on the original NES. It gave you 99 lives, and basically took the skill and fun out of it. It can be great sometimes to find a cheat to get past that damn boss that just wont go down, or get that item you looked all over the place for.

I prefer to try hard to beat the game, and if I am pulling my hair out, I will look for a hint to get to the next level.
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

Nothing wrong with just modding the lives so you can't fail ^^. I did it with Platform Escape! I still can't beat it, though...Got to part two at most.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...
Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
TheWand
Title: Pro at cooking.

Post by TheWand »

Cheats that I use basically:
-mh
-mana
-ufast
-spawn [Insert hero RAW, when I want a hero on random games]

Gold and lumber = No fun.
Others cheats, like -nocd and -invul I do never use. Some games I use just -mh, since theres no point in using other cheats. Sometimes -bindup -heal for some units, like summoned by Venegances.
But the point of cheating maps is have the feeling of a nice win for about 3-6 games, then it starts boring. It`s also nice to test strategys without annoying enemys, with -invul. Also see results of a kind of gameplay with a uber item. Well, that`s all.
BUT, when you feel like using -lumber 1.000.000 or -gold // you should hide it, to others don`t see. Like on a vampirism game, if you do -lumber 100.000 the other players will surely see. That`s kinda annoying, since if you are losing you will try to cheat to don`t die, and I`m sure someone will see if you get from mega wall to ultra titan wall (Vampirism Beast) into 5 seconds.
Another point is when you CHEAT AND LOSE. That`s fucking epic fail. No more.
Click.
Spoiler:
Contact me on Azeroth: Tauren[ChaR]
Join clan ChaR for Custom Hero Arena games. (Or DotA, whatever)
m2tm

Post by m2tm »

Basically this is why I dislike people hacking maps like Vamp Beast or Pudge Wars or Glaive Masters or whatever. If you're playing against other people in a competitive setting and you need to cheat to win you are not only ruining other people's experience, but the thrill of victory takes on a vinegar after taste.

Honestly if you are cheating in a competitive game against other people for no reason other than to win you might as well be spending your time differently. Ultimately you know the outcome is going to be that you win, so what is the point in even playing? Alternatively, it ruins the entire game for many other people too and wastes between 15 to 120 minutes of like 11 other people's time in a game like vampirism which is pretty much a dick move any way you slice it.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

Exactly. I cheat for fun. Something that many players forget about is that it's a game. It doesn't matter if you win, as long as you're having fun playing! People forget this often, and I use cheats to make them realize.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Small Sized Duck
Noob
Title: LSD.

Post by Small Sized Duck »

I cheat in RPGS and hero wars games only =D

Btw has anyone ever lost in a game that was cheated?
i have . lol