Help! Can't deprotect map

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

milkyway
Newcomer

Help! Can't deprotect map

Post by milkyway »

I think this is the right forum to post this? If not, I am really sorry.

When I use Xrep on this map:
http://mapgnome.org/mapinfo.php?mapid=130323

I copy the map into the folder where Xrep is and all the other things. My settings are
inmapfile = YourMap.w3x
outmapfile = deprotected.w3x
So I rename the map to Yourmap and tried Yourmap.w3x and start xrep and get this error

processing map: YourMap.w3x
Patching war3map.w3i
Fatal error: cannot open war3map.w3i

I use vista and already tried "run as administrator" and it dind't work
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Re: Help! Can't deprotect map

Post by Senethior459 »

That means that the war3map.w3i is either protected or corrupted. Either way, when it hits that file, it totally kills the deprotection process. If you want it to be able to finish, you need to open the map with an MPQ program, and replace the war3map.w3i with a blank war3map.w3i. That's actually why Dekar uploaded the deprotection templates, if you have any errors, then you can replace whatever file required with one of the blank ones in the folder. Then, once you can open it in the WE, just fill in the information again, manually. Or import the file, if you can.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

You can also try to open it with the WEU tool and make it generate a new one.
But it accepts only unprotected maps, so fix the rest first ;)
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!
In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
milkyway
Newcomer

Post by milkyway »

Oh I forgot to mention. I am trying to cheat the map, and I can't open it with MPQMaster >_< Any program I can use to import the war3map.w3i?
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

You can use WinMPQ. Or you could use Ladik's MPQ Editor. Choose the file labeled MPQ Editor at the top. There's two versions of it, one for 32 bit operating systems, one for 64 bit. Choose the one appropriate for your system.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
milkyway
Newcomer

Post by milkyway »

So I downloaded Ladik's opened the map with it and add file(s). Added the war3map.w3i from deprotection templates, and tried to use Xrep, but it didn't work =S

Edit: So I tried to extract the war3map.j and add cheats but when I create the game I get an error =_= So I thought it might be Attributes hiding somewhere, but I found none =/
abc1337
Newcomer

Post by abc1337 »

I have the same problem. I can't open this map (MM RPG 0.37b pro) with a corrupted war3map.w3i using MPQ Master, it just says "Error opening archive!" on the bottom and I don't even get to select a listfile. I tried using Ladik's MPQ Editor to remove the (attributes) and add the cheated war3map.j but it simply crashed my Warcraft 3 when I clicked the map in-game, saying that the map was corrupted (when I tried again in single player, it didn't even let me see the teams and just crashed). The original map works perfectly but the altered one crashes immediately. I wanted to make a whole new MPQ archive and tried to extract all the files using Ladik's MPQ Editor, but it wouldn't let me extract war3map.doo and two other file########s. So then I was wondering if I could open the mpq archive using MPQ Master if I substituted the map's war3map.w3i with a blank war3map.w3i but that didn't work. So then I wondered if war3map.doo and the other two files were the problem so I tried to extract them (didn't work) and then tried to delete them (didn't work) but Ladik's MPQ Editor just crashed when I tried to do anything to them. The altered map just... crashes. Can I please get some tips or some help on these problems?

Edit: I found a cheated version of it and I am sorry for posting in an old topic but I really want to know how to bypass this type of protection!