IceFrog is t3h n00blar.

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

IceFrog is t3h n00blar.

Post by Xantan »

Heres some emails (recently only) that I have sent to and have received from IceFrog - Just this topic of a maphack detector for now, why the hell doesnt dota have one? Cause ice is a dipshit... anyways -
Xantan Email To IceFrog wrote:Xantan
to IceFrog

4:07 am (9 hours ago)
Greetings. I have made a 100% positive way to detect maphacks by detecting clicks and comparing the units to other players and seeing if it is fogged/masked/invisible, anyways, I'm adding onto it to add more then just that, but for now, most maphackers CAN click whatever/whenever they want, and this DOES detect it.

If you would like to use this in dota (please do, It would really help out the game) then you may have it under a semi-restricted license, I just want my name on anything about it anywhere ingame, ie, when a mher is detected, a game message will say he has mhed, and this was made possible by Xantan.

Please tell me your thoughts - Thanks.

IceFrog to Xantan wrote:IceFrog
to me

1:34 pm (5 minutes ago)
Are you the one spreading the fake 6.44?

Xantan to IceFrog wrote:Xantan
to IceFrog

1:38 pm (2 minutes ago)
Spreading? Nah, I did make it though, only for the people.

Ill edit this post when more comes. Also, I may dig up my old pms/emails to him from awhile back, lol.
HaseoPKK

Post by HaseoPKK »

Rofl, nothing is more fun than deprotecting a dota, and releasing a fake. It's great to watch the reactions of the people who join...

"OMFG NOOB HOST HACKED VERSION!" etc.

Always good for a good chuckle.
54Minutes51Kills1Death

IM me on AIM, YIM, or PM me on the forums for anything you need!
Menthol.Love@Azeroth
Dazer

Post by Dazer »

hey, just release it anyways on a fake 6.45

Well, i mean real, but just put it together without any hacks and send it to icefrog, and just make it as hard as possible to deprotect.
HELLO
Xantan

Post by Xantan »

Dazer wrote:hey, just release it anyways on a fake 6.45

Well, i mean real, but just put it together without any hacks and send it to icefrog, and just make it as hard as possible to deprotect.

K, when icefrog makes a new version I'll fake a version ahead with some actual changes including that

deprotection is nothing, and I don't really know how to hide it more then scrambling trigger names ;/
Kala-cha
Forum Addict

Post by Kala-cha »

.... Isn't noobalar\nooblar my word?
Xantan

Post by Xantan »

Kala-cha wrote:.... Isn't noobalar\nooblar my word?

Is it? Sorry, I wasn't informed....

Also... Icefrog isnt emailing me back, that prick... lol
Kala-cha
Forum Addict

Post by Kala-cha »

LAWL, that jerk!
SantaBla
Newcomer

Post by SantaBla »

Hey by the way guys... This kind of anti hack is not really good. You know why? People who has lag (Example me) can be even detected even if that person is not using any hacks.

For example, I order my unit to attack someone by clicking on it, it takes 3 seconds to attack(delay) and then by the time I do that, the enemy is already under fog and then my attack is activated. This is where the anti-hack is bugged because it sees that I have clicked on the enemy in fog.

I suggest another anti hack found in an elite snipers game where your computer crashes automatically if you hack.

Xantan, take a look at this.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/download/10003/%2812%29Elite%20Snipers%204.3%20Antihack.w3x

It's protected unfortunately.
Xantan

Post by Xantan »

You are wrong, I have done extensive testing with me, my friends, my brother, and some people online... A few of which in the tests had extreme delay/lag as you speak of, It never gave a false positive.

I'm not going to implement a antimaphack that crashes your game. I want to know who maphacks, then I can deal with them how I wish, I don't want them to crash.

I know how the anti maphack works in that map exactly, I have deprotected/looked at it, and its just a doodad, with a bad model file - If you see it, soon after your game crashes. That way is ok if you want people to crash, but, for the most part I don't care if people maphack, especially as I haven't put my detector in any maps where mh is a big deal yet.... :p

But seriously, you're wrong and if you'd like to test it with me then let me know, and that other method is just a bad method imo.
HaseoPKK

Post by HaseoPKK »

If people wanna MH... Why not let them?

=o
54Minutes51Kills1Death

IM me on AIM, YIM, or PM me on the forums for anything you need!
Menthol.Love@Azeroth