First Time I Found wc3edit.net...

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
xbadassx

First Time I Found wc3edit.net...

Post by xbadassx »

Wow, I was just sitting here reading topics on wc3edit.com on the net, and I thought to myself "Why don't I share my reaction to the wc3edit.net community when I first found the site."
Well, heres how it all began...
Spoiler:
My friends, and I sat in ventrilo, and we just finished playing some DotA Allstars. They named a map they wanted to play next *forgot the name of the map :?*. I then went to google, and typed the name of the map in, trying to look for cheats because I knew the map has been cheated before. *heres what I typed in google "(NAME OF MAP) cheats(or cheated or something like that)", and 3rd page, fourth link, was wc3edit.net. I downloaded the map, and tested it with my friends(Not telling them that there were cheats in it). After I looked at each command and trying them all out, w/o my friends noticing that i was changing unit sizes, I went back to this community, and looked in the Hacked maps section. I searched a few of my favorite maps and found out they were hacked already. I was so speechless when I found this site. I didn't know that a community like this existed so long. It is like an undercover hacking community, and then I registered as quickly as I could so I could be part of the community. Only if i knew about this site before. And from then since now I've logged on to this site atleast 4 days a week, just reading topics for fun. This site is so great, it should be more known to people like me who enjoy winning against a friend who has always beat me in that game.
Then 2 weeks ago, I finally found JJ's topic on how to hack a map, and I tried it for myself. And even though I dont need this site to hack my maps anymore, I just love sitting there and reading what people type. (I know a may be I bit weird :? )

There i've shared my reaction, anybody want to share their reaction when they found wc3edit.net for the first time, and how they found it?
People I'd like to thank:
Thank you, JJ2197 for... Your Cheatpack, I love yours the most, & Your How to insert a Cheatpack Instructions/Video
Thank you, King-Bushido for... Your All-in-one Cheater's Ultimate Pack: http://www.mediafire.com/?ag5tsyy3p00
Thank you, Aero for... Your VERY UNIQUE Cheatpack
Thank you, Weirdone2 for... Your Perfect Cheatpack, that would suit ANY game
Thank you, Xantan for... Everything
Thank you, Dekar for... Everything
Hacking Tips:
How to insert a Cheatpack Instructions/Video: http://forum.wc3edit.net/map-deprotecti ... t2913.html
All-in-one Cheater's Ultimate Pack(It has everything you need plus more): http://www.mediafire.com/?ag5tsyy3p00
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: First Time I Found wc3edit.net...

Post by Bartimaeus »

xbadassx wrote:Wow, I was just sitting here reading topics on wc3edit.com on the net, and I thought to myself "Why don't I share my reaction to the wc3edit.net community when I first found the site."
Well, heres how it all began...
Spoiler:
My friends, and I sat in ventrilo, and we just finished playing some DotA Allstars. They named a map they wanted to play next *forgot the name of the map :?*. I then went to google, and typed the name of the map in, trying to look for cheats because I knew the map has been cheated before. *heres what I typed in google "(NAME OF MAP) cheats(or cheated or something like that)", and 3rd page, fourth link, was wc3edit.net. I downloaded the map, and tested it with my friends(Not telling them that there were cheats in it). After I looked at each command and trying them all out, w/o my friends noticing that i was changing unit sizes, I went back to this community, and looked in the Hacked maps section. I searched a few of my favorite maps and found out they were hacked already. I was so speechless when I found this site. I didn't know that a community like this existed so long. It is like an undercover hacking community, and then I registered as quickly as I could so I could be part of the community. Only if i knew about this site before. And from then since now I've logged on to this site atleast 4 days a week, just reading topics for fun. This site is so great, it should be more known to people like me who enjoy winning against a friend who has always beat me in that game.
Then 2 weeks ago, I finally found JJ's topic on how to hack a map, and I tried it for myself. And even though I dont need this site to hack my maps anymore, I just love sitting there and reading what people type. (I know a may be I bit weird :? )

There i've shared my reaction, anybody want to share their reaction when they found wc3edit.net for the first time, and how they found it?
Um...No, not really...because most of us probably don't remember what our reaction was. I certainly don't :P
Bushido

Post by Bushido »

I dont know too... i think some1 used a wc3edit.net refresher or something so i found this site...
JJ2197
Legendary Genius
Title: Legendary Genius²

Post by JJ2197 »

I found it through Jass script... haha...
Computer Specs:
Motherboard: GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz
PSU: Corsair CX500
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB @ 1866
GPU: Radeon HD 4870 1GB
HDD: OCZ Vertex series 30GB SSD
Case: Antec 900
Monitor: Toshiba 32"
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

I like your story, thanks!
I found... founded this page :D
I was like "I want some webspace to fool around with, some payed space since all those
free hosters suck bad." - So I bought some!
My intention was to show everyone how to do it, mainly since there was some ass at
securegamers who pretended to be the only one who's able to hack dota and I found out
that it was really easy to edit maps by opening them with any kind of mpq editor.
First I hosted my own stuff on this server, later I got annoyed by other guys uploading their stuff to rapidshare
so I started my first hosting service.
one of my first posts:
http://forum.wc3edit.net/guest-section- ... r-t44.html

greets Dekar

ps: wc3edit.net4ever
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!
In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Dekar wrote:I like your story, thanks!
I found... founded this page :D
I was like "I want some webspace to fool around with, some payed space since all those
free hosters suck bad." - So I bought some!
My intention was to show everyone how to do it, mainly since there was some ass at
securegamers who pretended to be the only one who's able to hack dota and I found out
that it was really easy to edit maps by opening them with any kind of mpq editor.
First I hosted my own stuff on this server, later I got annoyed by other guys uploading their stuff to rapidshare
so I started my first hosting service.
one of my first posts:
http://forum.wc3edit.net/guest-section- ... r-t44.html

greets Dekar

ps: wc3edit.net4ever
2007? I remember being here before 2006...and I certainly know that I wasn't one of the first members...I think...was I? :O
(edit) nope, I came here at the beginning of 2007 ;P
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

I'm pretty sure I started 2007 ;)
whois lookup wrote: Updated Date: 18-jan-2008
Creation Date: 17-jan-2007
Expiration Date: 17-jan-2009
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Dekar wrote:I'm pretty sure I started 2007 ;)
whois lookup wrote: Updated Date: 18-jan-2008
Creation Date: 17-jan-2007
Expiration Date: 17-jan-2009
Wow, Kala-cha, (myself), joined half a month after that. lol
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

Code: Select all

1  	Dekar 	   17.01.2007, 16:22  		Admin 	  	   	 
 2  	abraxxas  17.01.2007, 18:55  		inactive-ex-Moderator 	    	  
 3  	Vegas 	   18.01.2007, 11:07  	        Moderator 	  	  

I am member number 3 :D

I was in the shopping maul forums, and dekar was in there cheating it, so I gave him a PM, and he invited me to come over.

And I promise to make the newest version of SM USA before 2009 :lol:
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

abraxxas was some random guy who downloaded my cheated shoppingmaul XD