[ED] Diablo II Act One v4.1

This is where fulfilled requests go. You can make a new thread here if you edit a map and want to share it, such as if you cheat a new map without anybody actually requesting it.

Moderator: Cheaters

MrKibler
Newcomer

[ED] Diablo II Act One v4.1

Post by MrKibler »

Map Name: Diablo II Act One v4.1

Map Link: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/di ... 4-1.94492/

Request: This map was last updated in 2009 but, would anyone be able to add a save/load system onto this map please? Even the old system of screenshoting a code would be okay as long as it loads in the character, their level, their items, and the items in their stash.

Language: English

Thanks to anyone that can help! It would be so awesome!
Last edited by devoltz on October 1st, 2024, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed title.
devoltz
Co-Admin

Re: [ED] Diablo II Act One v4.1

Post by devoltz »

Normally, we do not accept this type of request to add save and load functionality to a Warcraft map, mainly because it is very labor-intensive and easily falls under the additional notes of request rule 8. However, lately, I have been adding the save/load system to some maps because a friend shared his system with me, and it's quite easy to implement, similar to adding a cheatpack. Therefore, this time, I will accept the request.

It's a no-code system, so you just need to type "-save filename". For example:

Code: Select all

-save char1
Then, in the next game, simply use "-load filename". For example:

Code: Select all

-load char1
I had to modify several variables that were assigned to the heroes, so something in the map MIGHT break, but based on the tests I’ve done, I believe it won't.

All credits for that system go to Maxou, gl hf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrKibler
Newcomer

Post by MrKibler »

Thanks a bunch! I'll give it a try.

--

So far the only thing I've noticed that changed is that when quests are completed, Red player receives all the rewards. So like, when we finish the first quest and it gives everyone an extra skill point, all of their skill points go to Red and they get none. Otherwise everything else seemed to go well.
Last edited by devoltz on October 1st, 2024, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged post. Next time use edit function.
devoltz
Co-Admin

Post by devoltz »

MrKibler wrote: October 1st, 2024, 1:51 am Thanks a bunch! I'll give it a try.

--

So far the only thing I've noticed that changed is that when quests are completed, Red player receives all the rewards. So like, when we finish the first quest and it gives everyone an extra skill point, all of their skill points go to Red and they get none. Otherwise everything else seemed to go well.
Should be fixed on this version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.