Help deprotecting map

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

hoacnguyengiap
Newcomer

Help deprotecting map

Post by hoacnguyengiap »

Hi everyone. I try to deprotect map Sunken 8.0 (Link http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps ... -a-168086/)
with the guide from How to Deprotect Any Map but when I finished all of steps and got an open-able map, I can't edit any object. Each time I edit even a stat of a skill, every thing goes wrong and test map is dark all over map. Please teach me how to edit it or could anyone please help me deprotect it and give me an editable map :D. THank
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Re: Help deprotecting map

Post by naturesfury »

What do you want to edit?
Getting a completely editable noob-friendly map is hard after it has been protected and whatnot

You really don't need to deprotect to cheat/edit a map (usually)
hoacnguyengiap
Newcomer

Post by hoacnguyengiap »

I mean how I can edit ability, add new items, heroes to that map :D. Could you help me?
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

Extract the war3map.w3u, war3map.w3a, etc files with the MPQ Editor. Open world editor, and open the Object Editor. Use the File -> Import Unit Settings (Same with Items and Abilities tab). Edit whatever you want via object editor.

After you edited everything, press the File ->Export Unit Settings button. It will ask you to save a .w3u file. Save it as war3map.w3u. Do the same for items and abilities with their respective extensions.

Finally, add the war3map.w3* files back into the archive via MPQ Editor. Then your map should work.

If the mqp, however, has a folder named "units", first download this : http://forum.wc3edit.net/useful-tools-f ... t1921.html Then extract everything in the Units folder into the SILK Objects Console -> Map folder. Run SILK Objects, and it should create the .w3* files for you.