Map Cheated, but 98% of triggers do not work?

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Kugrox
Title: Demonoid Hacker

Map Cheated, but 98% of triggers do not work?

Post by Kugrox »

Hi guys, I decided to start playing some WC3 again, havn't done so since that 1.24 patch destroyed the economy. Lol, so I cheated this map right, and the cheats work fine. I can spawn and find all the abliities and items and so forth, but the triggers no longer work. I tested uncheated in single player, triggers worked fine. Ill give you an example.

White floating text that describes the area, like in most rpgs, present when uncheated. Not present after cheated.
A gate that is opened upon map initialization without cheats, but closed with cheats.
Using item recipes to remove items from inventory to replace with the new item as per recipe, present without, but not with.

But some do work, like when you kill a certain enemy, it triggers the next part of the game to spawn the next boss. Regular spawns work as well. Even the triggers for custom spells work perfectly.

There's also a place in this map you can go to, and every second you give up 1000 hp for 10 stats. That works fine too.

So my question is, what do you think is causing some of these to become disabled once cheats are added? I used the Auto CP free version I got along time ago, but it works fine on all other maps. The map i'm having trouble with is DBZ & GT Hero Arena. Albeit maybe not the official version.

It's not a necessity that this get fixed, as I can play the game using cheats to fix manually most of the triggers that are broken. But I opened up the .j and everything looks as it should in my opinion, no missing text or globbed up text so it wasn't opitmized or protected.

My theory is that there is a trigger that activates once the game finds a cheat pack and automatically disables triggers (triggers are disabled even before activating cheats) If you know what the trigger would look like i'll change it myself. Thanks guys!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: Map Cheated, but 98% of triggers do not work?

Post by Bartimaeus »

Giving us the map would help. Theories are nice, but wouldn't you rather actually know what the problem is? :P
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Re: Map Cheated, but 98% of triggers do not work?

Post by naturesfury »

The game can't "find" a cheatpack...
it CAN find if you're using cheats (like if you see units you're not supposed to, if you have too much gold/lumber/hp/mp/etc, if you're in a place ur not supposed to be in and whatnot)
more likely, the autoCP put the cheats in the front part of the function main and it prevented the initialization

No clue why, but sometimes, when you put JJCP (or any other) cheatpack in the front part of the function main, some of it doesn't run.... werid but yea
I just put it at the end and everything works fine
But for a concrete reason, as bart said, giving us the map would help xP