How to insert Xantan's Trigger pack PROPERLY.

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

]SouL][ReapeR[
Forum Staff

How to insert Xantan's Trigger pack PROPERLY.

Post by ]SouL][ReapeR[ »

Please note that anything I may have left out (Like the proper way to work -crashmh) can be found in posts made by Xantan. Please read them, they made hold key to your problems.

Table of Contents
-Why?
-Why make a guide only for Xantan's trigger pack?
-Getting Started
-Inserting the triggers
-Strings
-Why it's important to insert strings
-Inserting Xantan's files
-Credits

Introduction/Why?
It seems the majority of people that use Xantan's cheat pack aren't quite there in terms of inserting it completely. I made this guide in order to help other fellow map cheaters have a quality rigged map.
Not only this, it seems that one of the reasons why you don't see Xantan's trigger pack being inserted into most maps is because the map cheaters do not know how to insert the pack properly; Therefore, they cannot get the most out of this trigger pack. (Actually, this was just a made up excuse.)

Why make a guide only for Xantan's trigger pack?
Let's be honest here. Atleast most of the users at this forum would agree that Xantan's trigger pack is the absolute BEST there is. Although, I wouldn't advise you use it if you have some kind of lag problem getting out of the game when a "gruesome" command is enabled.
I made this guide for Xantan's trigger pack because it is the most complicated to actually insert.

Getting Started
Required Materials

This helpful guide: http://forum.wc3edit.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=628
Xantan's newest trigger pack: http://forum.wc3edit.net/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=182 (Remember, you must beg him for your newest trigger pack. If it doesn't come out well, then don't ask me to send it to you.)

Inserting the triggers
Inserting the triggers isn't difficult when followed correctly, but there may be a few complications. (Or ONE complication)

Major Complication #1: Modification Menu
One of the most biggest complications to deal with using this trigger pack is the Modification Menu.
Most map cheaters can't see the menu unless there is a few enter keys being pressed. Which leads to unwanted results.
How do we fix that? Well it's simple.
In the newest trigger pack, Xantan has decided his "Function main" triggers in two parts. The integers, and the actual triggers.
First, select the triggers. Then, using JassCraft, hit the Ctrl + F keys. You should get a little search function. Enter in "Function Config" and press the "Find next" button. You should get near the very bottom.
However, do not put these triggers under "Function Config", for that'll screw up your J file completely. Look up, (You shouldn't have to look too far...) and you should see "endfunction". Now, make sure to see that there is something with brackets near the end of it. If you see that, you're at the right place. Click the ending line above endfunction, and make a new line. Here, you can insert the triggers. Your modification menu should now work as it's supposed to.

Strings
In reality, strings aren't as hard as Xantan describes them to be. They're not a long process anymore with the aid of his new trigger pack. For the beginners, his new strings should beable to be inserted in less than 5 seconds.
Make sure you have extracted the WTS file using MPQMaster. Open up the WTS file with notepad. You should see a bunch of text with numbers and words such as "String".
Open up the WTS file in Xantan's trigger pack. If you've lost track by now, you should have two WTS files opened up in Notepad. Go over to Xantan's WTS file, and press Ctrl + A, you should have all his strings selected. Go over to the extracted WTS file, and paste his at the very bottom. If Xantan's string numbers begin in the 17000s, you've got the right version.
Once pasted, save the extracted WTS file. You're done with this one. Close Xantan's WTS file.

Why it's important to insert strings
If you do not insert strings, Xantan and Wc3edit will not get the proper credit that they deserve. However, this isn't the only reason. One major reason is that the strings can direct you to the proper commands that you will be needing. And the biggest reason in my book: The goatse warning. That's right folks; Without this, you're going to be scarred for life if you don't know if you entered Goatse right or not.

Inserting Xantan's files
What I mean by Xantan's files are his Warcraft 3 imported files. These are key elements when you decide to go medieval on anyone's ass. And also, the game will crash without these files due to some commands. I recommend inserting them in because it does not take that much time.
To insert his files, create a new folder in the map (Using MPQMaster) and name it "war3mapImported".(Note: You do not have to do this if there is already a folder named that!)
Yes, you have to name it EXACTLY that. If you do not, then the files cannot be activated.
Now, select that folder from the sidebar or double click it in the menu box. When you're in there, you should see nothing(Or something if it was there originally).
Go to "Operation" on the top bar and click "Add file(s)". Search for the folder containing Xantan's triggers, and then double click his war3mapImported folder. Highlight all the items in there, and press open. If done correctly, all six files should be imported successfully. (There is a common bug that doesn't allow all six files to be imported. This is only the case with SOME maps, not all.)
With that over with, go back to the main menu. Insert the new WTS file you modified. You should get a box asking you if you want to replace it. Click yes. If you do not get this box, you screwed up somehow. (Or deleted it. If that's the case, it doesn't really matter.)
Now, replace the original J file with your modified one.
Now, click "Operation" and then click "Compact Flush" once or twice.
Congratulations! You have properly rigged a map with Xantan's AWESOME trigger pack!

The Credits that noone will read
Xantan for his awesome trigger pack. We salute you!
Dekar for creating this forum.
Me for getting off my lazy ass and write this guide for you to read.

I'd also like to know if this guide helped you or confused you even more.
Last edited by ]SouL][ReapeR[ on October 3rd, 2007, 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Re: How to insert Xantan's Trigger pack PROPERLY.

Post by GeorgeMots »

Hmm, i dont think that was necessary because we have guides how to insert cheats but have done a really nice work by putting all those guides + knowledge + skills together.

Really nice and helpfull 8)
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)

Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
colmo
V.I.P.
Title: Wc3 is for Nerds!!!!

Post by colmo »

Stickified :D
...................................................................................................................

[blinking]How Do You Like Me Now? Also Im Going To Capitolize Every Word That I Type From Now On Just To Be Annoying.[/blinking]
nevo
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: Nevo

Post by nevo »

Awesome Code, great job! :D

[color=][/color]
My Favorite Rule:
- No excessive BBCode, (colors, flashing text, spoilers, etc.), using; don't use it for every single word you're typing, only use it make a word(s) stand out.
luggagepls

Post by luggagepls »

i dont get the starting part. its too messy but still, it cleared me up
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

luggagepls wrote:i dont get the starting part. its too messy but still, it cleared me up

What?

And Also...

~~Newest Pack
http://files.wc3edit.net/index.php?acti ... 64b7441ae9
Ask if the link doesn't work ill give you a mirror. (no need to beg me or someone else for the newest, its been here all along.)

How to get -crashmh working
(since the mh detector used within my cheated maps is terrible atm - unlike my AMH DotA which I pretty much stopped)
Yeah. It won't work unless you do this:
  • 1. Open the map with mpqmaster. (with a good listfile of course)
  • 2. Extract the maps war3map.w3u. [referred to as .w3u from now on] (file that usually contains all of the unit data)
  • 3. Open the world editor. (make a new map or whatever works)
  • 4. In the import manager import my crashmodel.mdx. (found within my newer packs in the war3mapimproted folder)
  • 5. Open the object editor, then go to units and you'll need to import that maps .w3u you got
  • 6. in the view option thing within the object editor make sure View RAW data is checked.
  • 7. Now looking through the units (.w3u) in the object editor find the peasant - should be at the top. If the peasants name on the little tree-list thing is pink SKIP THIS STEP. If it isn't pink, (its black) you'll want to scroll down to where it sais File. At here you change that to the imported crashmodel.mdx of mine.
  • 8*. (this step along with all further starred (*) is for use if you skipped 7.) Find the most recent unused unit in the object editor. Scroll down to file and change it to the imported crashmodel.mdx of mine. Now on the list where you found this unit, write down and or remember the 4 digit code near the unit name. Because you had to skip 7 you'll need to do all further steps. Its not my fault, (entirely) it is the maps.
  • 9. Go to file and extract the unit data which you just modified.
  • 10. With MPQMaster, import the unit data to the main folder, replacing the old one. If (attributes) exists, remember to delete it! You're done if you didn't have to skip step 7.
  • 11*. Since you picked a new unit, you now need to change that in the .j for where it speaks of -crashmh, no worries, this is not hard. After extracting the .j of the map, open jasscraft, then open the .j. (this is assuming you already inserted my jass pack, if you didn't, insert it first, or the functions at least, then continue.) Assuming you put my functions at the top, the first four digit code for the peasant (as I used this originally) will appear first. Use find and search for "hpea" without quotes of course, and if its in the functions, (if not keep going down till it is) replace that with your units four digit code, and you'll need to do this once more as there is a -crashmh xx (player specific command for it as well - I think, or its -crashmh off.. whatever)

Ok. So now you can hopefully deal with a crummy maphack detector for now - with -crashmh working!~ Or you can just request someone who knows how to do this (me/idk who else) to do it for ya.

And yeah, Thanks Aerial (Soul Reaper) for posting this, people needed it probably.
Zelbano

Post by Zelbano »

Xantan, I tried to download your cheatpack but the file didnt have filetype ending, and when i tried to open it, it looks like its compiled code. Im sure im doing something wrong so could someone please tell me how it works.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Zelbano wrote:Xantan, I tried to download your cheatpack but the file didnt have filetype ending, and when i tried to open it, it looks like its compiled code. Im sure im doing something wrong so could someone please tell me how it works.

Get WinRar or WinZip. I don't feel like investigating on which it is lol.
(edit) nvm...it's neither...hold on..lol
(edit2) here..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mendle Dorigoth
Newcomer

Post by Mendle Dorigoth »

Yeahh, i followed this to to letter, and it all seemed great up untill i tried to host the game. And then it said the game could not be found.... any help?
JJ2197
Legendary Genius
Title: Legendary Genius²

Post by JJ2197 »

You made a script error, if you can attach the war3map.j file and I'll take a look to see
what you did wrong ;)
Computer Specs:
Motherboard: GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz
PSU: Corsair CX500
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB @ 1866
GPU: Radeon HD 4870 1GB
HDD: OCZ Vertex series 30GB SSD
Case: Antec 900
Monitor: Toshiba 32"