Panasonic Lumix

C'mon, make us laugh! Jokes, videos, anything!
Slickslime
Forum Staff

Panasonic Lumix

Post by Slickslime »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4Puw6AM4I
Waterproof. not fool proof.

Btw dekar or an admin, noob grammer much? : One joke per topic, please. Find/make a new
joke? Post a new topic.
pretty sure thats supposed to be "made"
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: Panasonic Lumix

Post by Bartimaeus »

English isn't the #1 langauge in the world, you know. So it probably isn't everyone's first language.

Pretty good.
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

Slickslime wrote:, noob grammer much? : One joke per topic, please. Find/make a new
joke? Post a new topic.

Pretty sure its not. Are they both present or past tense?

Did you find a new joke?
Did you make a new joke?

Have you found a new joke?
Have you made a new joke?

See the difference? Now apologise!
Slickslime
Forum Staff

Post by Slickslime »

Slickslime wrote:
, noob grammer much? : One joke per topic, please. Find/make a new
joke? Post a new topic.
Well look it doesnt make sense "Make a new joke?" its not a question, has to be "made".
"Make a new joke?" means you enter here and you create a joke, thats not what its supposed to mean. its supposed to mean that if you make a joke OR find one you post it in here, theres a difference,
See the difference? Now apologise!
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

banned until someone feels like unbanning him.

One thing I do not like it a fucking know it all, that DOESNT know it all. What I hate is the ignorance of people that think that everyone in the world can speak perfect english. I dont know if you know these things down under, but Mister Dekar is German, and so it could be possible that he makes mistakes with his english. I dont know if it was him who posted the description to the forum, but it is a pretty good chance that someone not of english mother tongue descent.

G'Day
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

I have no idea who wrote that. Technically, neither conjugation of either word is correct, since it's a sentence fragment (if it said "Have you" at the beginning, it would be made, if it said "Did you" at the beginning, it would be make, but neither is in existence!), so I don't see why the flame-wars have escalated to this point. Demanding apologies from each other isn't very impressive, either.

Fighting over grammar just made you two look like idiots, anyway.
"Noob grammer much"? Really? Grammar doesn't have an E in it. Capitalisation and punctuation also help, if you're going to start arguing with someone about language. Oh, and abbreviations are unnecessary in forum posts. They're understandable in chat, but on the forum, you have time to write out your post. You can say "by the way" instead of "btw".
Oh, and just so I'm not only pointing out Slickslime's mistakes: Contractions have apostrophes. When you mean "it is", you're supposed to say "it's", not "its". "Its" is possessive.

English is the official language of this forum, but many people are from foreign countries and don't have a perfect grasp of the nuances of it; many don't even speak a word of English, and communicate with us through imperfect online translators! Unless you cannot understand any of what they said, why bother to quibble with them over it? You clearly understood what was meant by it, so what was your purpose in pointing it out? If you thought it showed your intelligence, it doesn't. I used to be like you, too. I'd point out typos and mistakes all the time. Then I realised it doesn't show that I'm smart, it makes me an asshole. So I've stopped. Perhaps you should, too (unless you're helping someone edit a paper for school or something; then, yeah, the typos need to be fixed).

Anyway, I've unbanned Slickslime; that was just a little unnecessary. I'm also locking this topic so the arguing doesn't continue. Next time, take it to chat or PMs, or just cool it and leave it.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle