JNGP help

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

DaymItzJack
Newcomer

JNGP help

Post by DaymItzJack »

I deprotect a map using xDep and it works fine. Try to open it with the newest version of jass newgen pack and first it says "This was saved with a newer version of JNGP would you like to open anyways?"

I choose ok and begin to edit the map. If I change nothing at all and hit save, it says there is a jass error, a local variable is named the same thing as a function (which shouldn't be an error) so I fix by changing the variable name. When I run the map, all the code doesn't work and the next round trigger doesn't even function properly.

Any advice?

I uploaded the map fresh from x-dep.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Re: JNGP help

Post by Aero »

Has nothing to do with JNGP.
Here's a tip: xDep sucks.

What type of edits are you trying to make? It might be easier to edit the map externally.
DaymItzJack
Newcomer

Post by DaymItzJack »

Aero wrote:Has nothing to do with JNGP.
Here's a tip: xDep sucks.

What type of edits are you trying to make? It might be easier to edit the map externally.
Trying to change some code, edit some objects. Just do changes.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

You don't need to deprotect it to do stuff like that...
Just open the map in MPQMaster (or RMPQEx or Ladik's MPQ Editor, if it's protected enough that MPQMaster can't deal with it), and extract the file that will contain the things that you want to edit:
war3map.j - Jass Triggers
war3map.doo - Doodads
war3map.wts - Strings
war3map.w3t - Items
war3map.wtg - GUI triggers
war3map.w3a - Abilities
war3map.w3b - Destructibles
war3map.w3e - Terrain
war3map.w3h - Buffs/Effects
war3map.w3i - Information
war3map.w3q - Upgrades
war3map.w3t - Items
war3map.w3u - Units

Open WE, make a new, blank map, import the extracted files (You may need to save the map, delete the ones inside, and replace them with the extracted ones from the original map. I don't think you can import terrain in WE, for instance!) and edit it. When you're done, save the map, extract the files from it using MPQMaster, and then replace the ones in the original map with the ones from the WE map.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle