mapsize too big/some questions

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

patch
Newcomer

mapsize too big/some questions

Post by patch »

hey guys..

i registered here while i was searching infos on the map herowars ultimate 1.7 and found a deprotected version in these forums..
well now i have a small problem, and i thought, i simply could ask here...

like i said, i got the unprotected herowars ultimate 1.7 .. triggers are fine, just wanted to change some things like adding a "all random" mode and such things... ive done that in the trigger scripts (well i have absolutley no idea how that scripting language works, but i did it, and it works ingame singleplayer)
problem now is, i cant host that map on battlenet - error is "mapsize too big, choose a different one" (translated from german to english..)

idiotic is, the original map is the same size, and works without any problems...

does anyone have any idea how i could fix this? i mean, the original map creator did that anyhow too, so it has to work.

some small side questions... that map is regularry made for ROC and not TFT - but how? its full of TFT units, and in the editor its only saveable as a TFT map..
anotherone is, i found out that there is already a new ultimate, version 1.8 with much changes... problem is, i cant open that map neither join any game with it..

i dont even see that map into my maps folder.. aany ideas?

hope you can help me here :S

kind regards.. Patch
Ken
Spice Pirate
Title: LHC

Re: mapsize too big/some questions

Post by Ken »

For the file size, try this: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=77401

It's Vexorian's optimizer. It shrinks the map size a bit.
Spoiler:
xkiska wrote:BARTIMEAUS is more understandable then u
Senethior459 wrote:Wow, Dream Theatre reminds me of Dragonforce, but with real skill.
Ozzapoo wrote:We laughed, we cried. Trashed.
FatherSpace: You don't find smart chicks hawt?
GeorgeMots: not anymore, im fed up with that kind of girls
FatherSpace: lol
FatherSpace: What happened?
GeorgeMots: most smart girls find out that i date/do/see other girls....
FatherSpace: ...
FatherSpace: So monogamy is your enemy?
Bartimaeus: Hmm, well, I hope my sister hasn't been kidnapped.
FatherSpace: What happened, Bart?
Bartimaeus: She walked out of the house saying that she was going over to some friends, and it's been like two hours, and my mom is trying to get a hold of her, which she's been unable to.
Bartimaeus: I can also hear three car alarms going off.
GeorgeMots: how old is she?
Bartimaeus: I haven't a clue. Probably 17.
UndeadxAssassin: wut
AbusivePie: You don't know how old your sister is?
Bartimaeus: Nope.
UndeadxAssassin: Epic fail
GeorgeMots: is she cute??
Bartimaeus: So, uh, how about you get into the Christmas spirit and put that avatar on before I do it myself and take away your bloody avatar-changin' rights?
UndeadxAssassin: If I thought of a random one...
UndeadxAssassin: Like....
UndeadxAssassin: I'll get back to you on that