My Awesome Maze Map!!

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Do you like my maze map??

Yes
11%
No
11%
Not sure
33%
Of course not
44%

Total votes: 9

Ghost4942
Title: Warcraft 3 Addict

My Awesome Maze Map!!

Post by Ghost4942 »

Ok, it IS unprotected, because I want people to learn from it and possibly edit it, but don't steal it, OK Lol. It is a land map maze, though, but it still owns and has a lot of commands :) Lol. It is not completely done yet, but almost done though Lol. The file is in the attachment.

Edit: It also has my other maze map (that is unfinished, and it is an ice one) that is imported into the map as a file, and you save it, and it is unprotected also :).

Edit #2: I am now attaching the latest version:

Edit #3: Newest Version is attached now:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ghost4942 on July 12th, 2009, 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Syre
Forum Staff

Re: My Awesome Maze Map!!

Post by Syre »

Alright, i appologize as im going to be completely honest in my review here..so stop reading if ya want to..

Well, to start it off..i dident find it much fun at all. There were quite a few things wrong and really, it quite bore me...You have really nothing that seperates this from other maps, not only that, but all you have here is patroling units. I see in the triggers that you have some teleportation, but maze maps even a few years old, have that, and more...

Honestly, how do you plan to seperate yourself from the rest, if you have only the basic things, that have been done over and over again. Even the first maze maps out there varied somehow, whether it be challenges, bosses or even mortars for christ sake... Also, about 1/4 of your units, dont move..at all..They just sit there the entire game..

Theres also the problem with the collision of your units..it is really quite poor..I can run into the back or even the side of the enemies and still continue on without a problem. I finished half of the first level just by placeing flags...sure it doesnt sound like much but in most mazes you couldent get past the first couple parts..

And, finally..the terrain..well to put it bluntly..there is none..You have green grass, and a dirt path..and thats all..

Im sorry, but unless you fix these and improve, ill probably never play this map again..If you make some changes to it that are noteable, just repost the map and ill take another look.

Sorry if you take some offense, as youve probably worked hard on it, but as ive said, i was going to be honest, and thats how i feel about this as it is right now.

BTW - Im not going to post in the poll yet, when you finish it, ill decide then as to what ill pick.
Ghost4942

Post by Ghost4942 »

Newest Version, (there will be more versions soon):

Please Click on Escape_Nowhere_v0.10.rar to download the latest version of my maze.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ghost4942 on July 6th, 2009, 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

True, its better than before. The collision is much better, if i hit something, i actually die..and most of the units are moving. However, im still not really seeing something that would make me play again and again. Hopefully ill see more when your all done. Anyways, take a look at these..they are the ones, after a quick look, that i found that dont move.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Small Sized Duck
Noob
Title: LSD.

Post by Small Sized Duck »

Terrain change plox.
Motors?
Ghost4942

Post by Ghost4942 »

Hey Syre, believe it or not all of that is possible, although you are right I should probably fix it. I am just kind of lazy.

Edit: Syre, I give you permission to help fix my map if you want to. Just try to tell me first what you are doing in this thread.

Edit #2: Here is the latest version, and a lot of glitched (or whatever happened to them) units were removed, and others were put there in their place. Not every single bugged/glitched, or whatever, unit is removed yet, and their may still be one or two units that just stop randomely, maybe even after they have a patrol trigger for them. Anyway, here is the latest version of my map:
Ghost4942

Post by Ghost4942 »

*Bumped because no one has posted here in way over 6 days*

Here is the latest Version, but the trigger Text3 I am still working on, as I decided to convert it to jass to help myself learn jass easier:

Edit: Also, not every single bugged unit is fixed yet.

Edit #2: Newest Version: