Battle.net Connection Issue

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Speedy1515

Battle.net Connection Issue

Post by Speedy1515 »

Hi. I just got a new router today, the D-Link DIR-655. It's cool and much faster than my other router, but now I can no longer to connect to Battle.net. The error message I receive is: Unable to validate game version. Please re-connect to Battle.net or apply the current patch manually. Now, absolutely nothing to do with the game has changed since I hooked up the new router (at least no changes were made by me or any other program, to my knowledge). I already had the latest game patch before I installed my new router and before I did, I was able to connect, play, and host just fine. Could this problem have anything to do with my router? I have a virtual server and port forwarding enabled for the correct ports. I get the same message no matter which Battle.net server I try to connect to. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. If you can solve this problem, I may also feel inclined to mail you a box of cookies (your choice of brand/type) :P. I uploaded a screenshot of the error message as well.

EDIT: I fixed the problem. Turned out, I had to re-install Warcraft III for some reason...

EDIT 2: Well, it seems that I am right back where I started. The game worked fine last night after I re-installed it and I was able to connect to Battle.net with no issues. Today, when I tried to go on Battle.net, I received the error again. Is it possible that something is corrupting my files? I would like a fix that does not involve me re-installing the game every time I want to connect to Battle.net. . .

EDIT 3!!!:Well, it seems the problem is recurring. I have been able to get around it twice by re-installing the game. It always seems to return.
Last edited by Speedy1515 on June 11th, 2009, 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed." -Adolf Hitler
lichistheman
Title: Mr. Pwn

Re: Battle.net Connection Issue

Post by lichistheman »

Yea...
Battle.net has some weird issues like that.
They should fix them. >>
What now?
Yea, that's right, I own you.
Yea, try and beat me now.
Spoiler:
(9:04:04 PM) lichtheman: Rawr. ^.^
(9:04:13 PM) George: gi
(9:04:25 PM) George: drujnk do nt dalk to me
FaTaLiTy
Title: Divine

Post by FaTaLiTy »

bnet sucks.. switch to garena
Speedy1515

Post by Speedy1515 »

I think i'll stick with Battle.net simply because it's official. I might consider Garena when not so many people play on Battle.net. I don't even think the problem had to do with Blizzard, but a corrupted file in my Warcraft directory. Battle.net has always worked fine for me, but unfortunately I have the problem once again.
"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed." -Adolf Hitler
Hillo
Forum Staff

Post by Hillo »

I've had that same problem multiple times with many Blizzard games. Some toolbars can cause that.
Speedy1515

Post by Speedy1515 »

Seriously? Do you mean like Yahoo toolbar or things like that? I don't have any on my computer that i'm aware of. I removed them all just a little while ago... Is there anything you did to get around the problem?
Hillo
Forum Staff

Post by Hillo »

Exactly things like that. First it was Google Desktop Toolbar that caused it, after a while my brother installed Nero Toolbar and the same thing appeared again. Then I just reinstalled Warcraft 3.
Speedy1515

Post by Speedy1515 »

That's the weird thing. I've had google desktop since the day I got my computer. I installed Warcraft 3 AFTER that and it never had any problems. The only other toolbar I've had was Yahoo toolbar which came with my Yahoo messenger. I removed that about a week ago, but never had any problems while it was installed. Now that its gone I have this error message. . . Maybe I should re-install it? I'm on Mumble if you want to come on and talk.

Edit: I guess i'll reinstall it again. . .
Small Sized Duck
Noob
Title: LSD.

Post by Small Sized Duck »

Use Revo-uninstaller to uninstall Wc3.

Whenever something like this happens to me just uninstalling reinstalling never works. I have to use revo to get rid of everything :[
Speedy1515

Post by Speedy1515 »

Re-installation has worked for me both times. I have Warcraft 3 up and running right now on Battle.net. Maybe its the servers or maybe its my files being corrupted/changed in some way... I honestly have no idea.