Xantan's Next Dota(s) - What is your opinion?

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.

How should Xantan do his next fake DotA(s)?

TWO DotA's: One with cheats (no changes) - One without cheats (+changes)
41%
ONE DotA: with cheats AND changes
24%
ONE DotA: with cheats AND NO changes
16%
ONE DotA: with NO cheats AND changes
11%
No DotA's: just stop your work on it, please.
8%

Total votes: 37

Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Xantan's Next Dota(s) - What is your opinion?

Post by Xantan »

So there is five choices here, and I'm most likely going to do whatever you all vote for.

After you do the poll after making sure to vote on what you'd like, please just post a response with what you voted for and what you would like for me to add (changes wise) to either my cheat list or just ingame dota stuff.
By the way, if you don't know what I mean by changes, it means, make the map better somehow, ie nerf/add items, heroes, etc etc. Or add things to the map, any suggestion is fine! It won't hurt to tell me what you think.

ie here is an example post reply:

I voted option #1 (make two different dotas) and for changes I would like you to nerf mepo, and for cheat changes, I would really like a -mh command that works ONLY for the player whom typed it.

Any posts not like this will most likely be deleted, so don't be stupid.

Thanks for posting your opinions, it really helps me.

Edit:: I voted for Only one dota - and with changes - no cheats.

Edit2:: This is only for the future, so you have plenty of time to think and post/vote, as I won't do this until Ice releases another version.

Edit3: I was really hoping for some input...... =/
Last edited by Xantan on May 16th, 2007, 4:42 am, edited 8 times in total.
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Post by Aero »

I hate dota. Nerf Icefrog.

{
Edit By Xantan:
I think I accidentally deleted your vote as I changed it around, you can vote again for stop all work when you see this edit, and delete my edit.
}
XPrinnyX

Post by XPrinnyX »

put cheats in the version that is the current version and then make a new version that is ahead of the current version so people will want to play the nerfed dota instead of the cheated 1
Xantan

Post by Xantan »

Ok, after the big polls (not really) on a few (2) websites, I decided to do it (the maphack detector) the way that I voted after all. The maphack detector is automatically on, and punishments for maphacking is at default on. (Blue at any time can turn punishments on/off) Players will vote whether to kick or to do nothing to the maphackers, and will have a in game list of all detected maphackers at any time of game play. This is not some phony model that crashes players, this is a professional non transferable (sadly) maphack detector.

As for the issue of two or one maps, I will do two (Yes, the very few (3 votes atm) for two maps actually made me reconsider.), one will be a split project, known as AMH (Anti-Maphack) that will hopefully grow popular over time. The other will be fake versions with all my cheats.

I just put it all in dota, and I had a weird issue, it appears the abilities I used to make a few units invisible and a few items to make units invisible were not what they were at first, that, and I made a pretty gay looking loading screen, and map preview art, so, it is in beta stages till I fix up the very small mistakes. Other then this I am very happy to report it was a very successful test, and I will think about releasing the beta, or, the official (or not so official) DotA Allstars v6.43b AMH by myself and GhettoChild in due time. Keep a watch on this topic or new topics for information about this, and thanks for voting guys.

Edit: Yes, I did 6.43b cause I was bored. Might as well start now to have something to work on while I wait for .44. =]
vosszaa
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by vosszaa »

Make 2 dotas;

1. For all your cheats
2. For changes like, i would like to see a new items in new secret shops or even a new hero ^^

The tallest tower.. begins from the ground
Today, you are novice..
Tomorrow, you might be The Master..
And when you are..
Vosszaa will hunt you down..
HaseoPKK

Post by HaseoPKK »

I voted for the option not there:

Kill DoTA.
54Minutes51Kills1Death

IM me on AIM, YIM, or PM me on the forums for anything you need!
Menthol.Love@Azeroth
Xantan

Post by Xantan »

HaseoPKK wrote:I voted for the option not there:

Kill DoTA.
I play dota.... =/
Kala-cha
Forum Addict

Post by Kala-cha »

DotA is terrible, period. xd
thegreatgaara