HOWTO: Unprotecting, Editing, and Cheating Maps. (GUI)

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

ulti
Newcomer

Post by ulti »

Hello im new here and i followed xantens deprotect description. Now i can open the map but when i edit and save it there are problems. In the trigger editor there is only 1 trigger but when im start the map its like the original. Xanten can you pls deprotect ragos orpg v.5.05 for me? The main map. http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/pe ... _orpg.html
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

ulti wrote:Hello im new here and i followed xantens deprotect description. Now i can open the map but when i edit and save it there are problems. In the trigger editor there is only 1 trigger but when im start the map its like the original. Xanten can you pls deprotect ragos orpg v.5.05 for me? The main map. http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/pe ... _orpg.html
Yes, its normal for there to be only one trigger.

Request it in the right section, though it clearly isn't necessary.
illidan92
Newcomer

Post by illidan92 »

Just looking at the title makes me ashamed of humanity.
bojanglemistser
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by bojanglemistser »

illidan92 wrote:Just looking at the title makes me ashamed of humanity.
go take your whineing somewhere else maybe stfu.com
when life gives you lemons you use the lemon juice to squirt people in their eyes
Emberspeed

Post by Emberspeed »

Sweet! I thought this thing was going to be a freeken hard ass thing like that time I tried to edit hex in an MMORPG. It turned out quite easy and took only 3 minutes to read it and understand. Thanks, Xantan. =)

But uh.. for some maps, when you deprotect them and open them. Swoosh, everythings gone.. Is this.. SUPPOSED to happen or did I mess up..
bojanglemistser wrote:at leest i m gay n not strait like u fag
bojanglemistser wrote:i wood cal u sumtin veryyvery bad bu t i dnt no how 2 spel it
Ouguiya
Newcomer

Almost made it!

Post by Ouguiya »

Hello everyone!

First of all THX THX THAAANNKKKS Xantan, awesome job! I've been looking for one such guide almost forever!

However, I absolutly need your help Xantan, since I'm stuck with a map here and it almost makes me ashamed because the map protection looks totally simple

I need that specifically because one old friend of mine told me to continue his map, but that guy has lost his original copy. So now all I have is the protected version.

From what I can judge, the protection is not a very heavy one. No "Unknown" files whatsoever in the MPQ. My guess is that it's the good old Trigger removal protection "w3t file if I remember correctly).

xdep also works fine, and tells me everything went right. Sadly, two things didn't work...

First of all, all the units are gone. It's strange since the way the units were edited in the Unit Editor stayed, but the units already placed on the map have vanished.

I managed to get rid of this problem by opening the map in MPQMaster, and manually adding the w3units.doo file (i think it was called) into the deprotected map, replacing the one which is already here. (It was obvious, since the one file from the oirignal was 20000 big, the one in the deprotected only 1400). So this worked fine.

The biggest problem however, is that when I try to save the map with the World Editor, I get a volley of compile errors.(3345 to be exact...)

Mostly it's errors like: "Expect name, expect loopback, etc."

Now I know you wrote that you don't wanna hear about compile errors, but please, if you know anything that could help, please tell me.

Thx again for all the cool work you done here, reading and doing it was awesome! Hope to read more from you someday.

Ouguiya
Doh!
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

Xdep doesn't work for all maps, especially rpgs, just modify it externally, or move on.
Ouguiya
Newcomer

Post by Ouguiya »

I see...

In that case, I shall try some other approaches. Thanks for everything again.

Ouguiya
Doh!
Red Orca
Newcomer

Post by Red Orca »

OMG!

You OWN!

I was wondering how to do this. . . think I can finaly get access to Ultima's Naruto models with this?

OMG. . . I gotta go and try!

Thanks again!
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

A different way to deprotect:

1-Using winmpq, extract all the files to a folder.
2-In WE, "new map"
3-Import manager, import all the extracted files. (of course they need to have proper names, not "unknown_00000018"
4-Double click each file, and choose "custom path" and change all of them to the full path to look like this:
The bottom half is how it originally looks when imported, but I am sure you all knew that.

5-you should be able to save/play the game normally. When saving it may ask you to place units and to auto-generate unit starting places, just say yes. They will be randomly scattered accross the map, but it normally is in the triggers where to properly place them. If not, you can use the WE to edit them into the proper spots. You can see in the piccy, only red is there, and its misplaced, however, in-game, the units are placed properly by the triggers.

This method takes me about 5-10 minutes to do. The last map was gem td 2.6. Xdep was taking forever, so i did it this way:)

6-last but not least i use heavylocker to zip it up to a good filesize, and to keep the rubes from editing further.

Try it out dudes, tell me if you think its ok.