I thought this would be cool.

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
OceanGuy

I thought this would be cool.

Post by OceanGuy »

Well i thought this would be cool for the fufilled request like sections like this

Here are the seconds

Rpgs
Teams (like dota 1 team vs another team)
Doesn't Fit the other Sections Section(kinda like maps God Wars)
Mauls
Protect (like protect someody in games like protect the king and protect the queen games like that)
Video games(like Star Wars Hero Wars v1.3)
Weird games(like Are you a retard or are you intelligent)

Doesnt this make this like organized and kinda cool easy to look
rawr
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Re: I thought this would be cool.

Post by Senethior459 »

The problem is that we would need to create those sections, go through the entire Fulfilled Requests forum, decide which category each one goes into, and then move them. That's a huge amount of work. It's been suggested before.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
OceanGuy

Post by OceanGuy »

well if i was a mod i would do it and some mods could do like 2-10 a day if they wanted.
rawr
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

Its not that hard to do. The problem is not wheather we can create those or not but if this is really nessecary.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)
Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

Its really not too bad an idea. Myself, I am only interested in TD's/mauls, so that would be much easier to browse thru that particular section. The peoblem I have is if you have to explain what a "weird" map is, theres gonna be clashing opinions as to where the map belongs. Also theres peeps that basically fulfill the request without even looking at the name let alone trying to categorize it into the proper sub-forum. So would this require the poster to post his request in the proper category, which would mean we have to create a request and fulfilled request sub forum for each category.

I could see:

Dota
Tower Defence/Mauls
RPG
Senethior459
Forum Staff

Post by Senethior459 »

Or people could just deal with it and use the search. That level of organization is just going to be too complex, for the amount of stuff. Lots of people already post requests in the fulfilled section, you would have to get them to post their request in the right category, and in the right sub-forum in them. People screw up now, why would organizing it make it any different? It would make it a bit easier to find hacked maps, but honestly, you can just search for them. There's also too many genres. You can look at EpicWar, but they also have huge amounts of uncategorized. Some maps fit into more than one category. Then where does it go? Some maps don't match any of the existing categories. They get lumped into a general one along with all the other uncategorized, and it's still just a big mess. You still need the search even with categories, because of the sheer amount of requests. There's a lot of each. Even if we deleted old versions of the same map, you would need to use the search to find the map you want in the category.
OceanGuy

Post by OceanGuy »

they can search but i was thinking of this bc i wanna find some fun rpgs.......

but no :( i cant search rpg becasue then like other crap pops up.
rawr
Senethior459
Forum Staff

Post by Senethior459 »

OceanGuy wrote:but no :( i cant search rpg becasue then like other crap pops up.
Why do I feel like I'm the only person who can successfully use the search? For anything that's less than four characters, it doesn't search, so you make it a wildcard. "rpg*" works very well, limit it to fulfilled requests subforum, display results as topics not posts, so that it's easy to see what map it is, and it actually works fairly well. I don't suggest using the Google search, it's not as effective as the forum search.
Here's a whole bunch of cheated RPGs (copy and paste it into your browser, because there's brackets in it, I can't make it a BBCode link): http://forum.wc3edit.net/search.php?keywords=rpg*&terms=all&author=&fid[]=13&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
OceanGuy

Post by OceanGuy »

still if its orangized we can see whats old and whats new lol like dekar said we need more room pritty soon for the fufiled request soon (i think its fufilled request)
rawr