[Request] Guitar Hero on wc3

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

good idea?

yes
70%
no
23%
undecided
7%

Total votes: 30

Rich Kane

[Request] Guitar Hero on wc3

Post by Rich Kane »

if anyone is interested i was wondering if someone would like to partner up with me to make a guitar hero map on wc3.

i will be creating the triggers for the key strokes (arrow keys) and any special features. i would like someone to do the map design and maybe creating/finding/importing 4 arrow models each direction. if anyone is interested in designing a guitar hero (multiplayer) map for warcraft let me know.

i think it might be a good idea concidering its origional and hacking a map like that would be pointless + more versions would just be change the music and key strokes (easy :D). if a few people would like to get involved go for it, the more the merrier so let me know if anyone is interested.

btw triggers that i create for the map will be in GUI.

Edit : there will be no hope of getting the timing perfect with the music but there will be a margin of error for the player and sight will probably play the most important part but timing it with the music would be somthing i would be willing to do, just making a map for players with a cross bar and room for the music to run down models with full shared credits. but agree i did want to see if people think its worth it first.
Last edited by Rich Kane on July 8th, 2008, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Re: [Request] Guitar Hero on wc3

Post by Durchdringen »

Hmm, I won't decide now, I think it should be discussed thoroughly beforehand.

Sounds very cool, however the amount of work involved in it will be a lot and tedious.

You must consider the fact that you must real time it so that the key stokes are dead on with the actual chords and that's gonna be rough.

Don't let me discourage you though, because I think it is a killer idea and I support it. I love guitar hero/rock band and I just love music in general. Let's see what other people say, but for now I back you up 60% Maybe my 40% will come about after more of a discussion ;)
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!
Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

I think I can find the four key arrow models. Either that, or maybe a terrain model for each.

(edit) I'm quite sure Pain's Party has some arrow models with animations.
Durchdringen

Post by Durchdringen »

Ok I've done a little thinking.

Suppose you make it a 4 player game or however you want it to be.

1 Player plays at a time.

Maybe you can have a meter of some kind that adds/subtracts points and tells if they are "rocking" or "sucking"

If they suck too much, then their turn ends and the game restarts the song and the next player tries.

I'll try to find some arrows for you, this game sounds interesting :D

[Edit]

I couldn't find any arrow models, I looked on TheHiveWorkShop.

Maybe you can settle for wisps or something?
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!
Spoiler:
Rich Kane

Post by Rich Kane »

atm my internet is crashing and its 2 am so i will check back later on, but tbh i was thinking of everyone playing the same song (chosen by vote or host) at the same time so people dont get bored waiting. setting the game to easy normal hard would simply be game speeds so thats easy enough and have a meter on the right for scores with ye a point multiplies for comboes without fail inbetween. later on we can sort out all the special effects such as 'leveling' heroes that start level 0 and maybe make it harder for opponents without changing arrow movement speed.

Edit: well it seems initial enthusiasm for this idea has started to die. if you could upload the arrow models or give me a link i might try making this in my spare time.
Triumph.
Newcomer
Title: Belly Dancing Dwarf

Post by Triumph. »

I'd be up for helping you out hands down, i love guitar hero, the only down side is the dl is gonna be so long.. importing music is gonna take killer space lol

holla at my if you need help! :D

TRIUMPH.
Knowledge Is Power, Power Is Corruption.

I'm Lags Worst Enemy. >:D
Rich Kane

Post by Rich Kane »

ye i completly agree with that but it would probably be more for groups of friends rathre than an actualy spam active dota :P, if u wana make a base map with room for ~6 players and 6 crossbars that gives away when they have to press the arrow go right ahead :P

when i find/get some arrows i will probably start working on the triggers
grand

Post by grand »

Sounds pretty interesting, never seen anyone made this kind of map before. Good luck with it.
O yea, I gotta agree with the size, importing songs is gonna make it a huge map.
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

Unless you can compress the sounds and make it sound somewhat crappy (in terms of quality)
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
Durchdringen

Post by Durchdringen »

I would do 1 song per game so you could have maximum quality. Your really not gonna lose much unless you go under 96 kbps. Anything under that and you will develop distortion. 128 kpbs is what you should shoot for.

You could do 2 with some loss a bit loss in quality. If your a bose fan, your gonna hate it though lol.

You could do 5 songs, but you won't understand anything in it.

I took a 7 MB song and put it into Xantan's cheatpack to fit any game to be hacked. The final size of it was about 200 KB. It sounded like garbage but was funny when everyone was locked into the game lol.

All in all, this game will be more on quality. If people can download the map and enjoy it they will come back for more guaranteed. You see a lot of people playing games like Run Kitty Run because of the music in it. I'm not much of a fan of mazes and such, but those games are really fun because you can enjoy a good song in the background.
Spoiler: