vamp beast anti map-hack

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

chicken_soup
Newcomer

vamp beast anti map-hack

Post by chicken_soup »

Alright i understand that for the makers of vamp beast anti-mh is awesome. however when somone is mad about their team loosing and, they open their mh up on purpose and give everyone a fatal error? any way to counter this? as a wc3 user who hosts maps it's kind of annoying when this happens frequently.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Re: vamp beast anti map-hack

Post by Senethior459 »

Disable the anti-maphack? If you get rid of it, turning a maphack on won't crash it. Unfortunately, turning a maphack on would then WORK.

The anti-maphack works by crashing the people who use a maphack, so if you disable the part that crashes them, then you also disable the anti-maphack. I'm pretty sure that you can't do it.

----------------
Now playing: AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
via FoxyTunes
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
chicken_soup
Newcomer

Post by chicken_soup »

Senethior459 wrote:Disable the anti-maphack? If you get rid of it, turning a maphack on won't crash it. Unfortunately, turning a maphack on would then WORK.

The anti-maphack works by crashing the people who use a maphack, so if you disable the part that crashes them, then you also disable the anti-maphack. I'm pretty sure that you can't do it.

----------------
Now playing: AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
via FoxyTunes
what i would like is for someone to create a solution that does not crash everyone who isn't using map_hack as well.
Bushido

Post by Bushido »

Senethior459 wrote:Disable the anti-maphack? If you get rid of it, turning a maphack on won't crash it. Unfortunately, turning a maphack on would then WORK.

----------------
Now playing: Manowar - Gates Of Valhalla
via FoxyTunes
Tobias
Title: Map Maker

Post by Tobias »

Going out on a limb here but doesn't maphacking in Beast only fatal the maphacker?