question - map not showing in gamelist

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

destrictor
Newcomer

question - map not showing in gamelist

Post by destrictor »

i've downloaded a few maps from here, hacked and all, but when i try to host or play them singleplayer, they wont show in the list...
i've put them in a seperate folder to make sure i wouldnt pick wrong ones, but list now just is empty.
can anyone help me?

ps sorry if this is in wrong section, couldnt find a help section
Bushido

Re: question - map not showing in gamelist

Post by Bushido »

destrictor wrote:i've downloaded a few maps from here, hacked and all, but when i try to host or play them singleplayer, they wont show in the list...
i've put them in a seperate folder to make sure i wouldnt pick wrong ones, but list now just is empty.
can anyone help me?

ps sorry if this is in wrong section, couldnt find a help section
[Moved]
Maybe the name of the Map is just to long to show it in the map selection
make a shorter name of the map : example Wintermaul4w8946w894698w6498623984628946982364982364 would be to long..rename it to Wintermaul and ur done :)
destrictor
Newcomer

Post by destrictor »

the map was undeadbudgies FFORPG 1.10. the hacked version had -hacked by WC3edit.com behind it, but i removed that allready.
then i thought 2 identical filenames cant be right so i added 2 letters behind it so it looks like this Final_Fantasy_OPRG_v1.0 HA.w3x
dont know, but doesnt look too long to me.
Bushido

Post by Bushido »

destrictor wrote:the map was undeadbudgies FFORPG 1.10. the hacked version had -hacked by WC3edit.com behind it, but i removed that allready.
then i thought 2 identical filenames cant be right so i added 2 letters behind it so it looks like this Final_Fantasy_OPRG_v1.0 HA.w3x
dont know, but doesnt look too long to me.
That's a bit odd :P
i think i know why it doesn't show:
U have those _ _ _ things.. delete them and add a <space>..maybe this helps
destrictor
Newcomer

Post by destrictor »

still no luck :( i changed the underscores into spaces, and after that i restarted WC3, but the map just wont show :(
Bushido

Post by Bushido »

destrictor wrote:still no luck :( i changed the underscores into spaces, and after that i restarted WC3, but the map just wont show :(
hmm.. i have no idea :P
destrictor
Newcomer

Post by destrictor »

if it'd be any help the map i downloaded is on this topic: http://sc2edit.net/fulfilled-requests-f ... -t601.html
in post #7

edit: for some reason i copied the cracked version, then renamed it test and it showed up, dont know why
Final Fantasy OPRG v1.0 HA.w3x <== this was name before
any indication on why this would have been wrong is greatly appreciated

ps thanks for trying to help me King-Bushido ^^