Reducing the file size of a Map

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

CrackUps

Reducing the file size of a Map

Post by CrackUps »

I've read a bunch of the topics but i still don't understand. What is the best way to reduce the file size of a map. I used Vexorians but it made very little difference about .3 of a mb, ive used MDX squisher on all MDX file could someone please EXPLAIN what to do to reduce the file size of my map as much as possible.
Sepharael
Forum Staff
Title: Legendary Angel

Re: Reducing the file size of a Map

Post by Sepharael »

Whats making the file so big though?
CrackUps

Post by CrackUps »

Oops sorry for posting in wrong area.

Um im not too sure there's not too many imports like 18 MDX files all compressed i think its the amount of triggers and actual size of map in the game
tru_power22
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: Re-R-Re-Re-Remix

Post by tru_power22 »

http://forum.wc3edit.net/warcraft-3-not ... t4070.html

That thread was like 4 posts under this one, makes me believe you didn't look for 2 seconds 0_o

Look for your answer in the thread I gave you.
Contact me on WC3 Killing_Spree22, I'm at US west!

To avoid being a noob read this: http://forum.wc3edit.net/everything-els ... t4579.html
This is the official site for team UKS, it's also my home page - http://www.TeamUks.tk

I AM DEAD, I WILL NO LONGER BE POSING HERE. BEEN FUN WITH YOU ALL.
TechGeek001

Post by TechGeek001 »

One of the best ways I can think of is to use Vexorian's map optimizer.
Greatly decreases map size, slightly decreases loading time, and makes it unable to be opened by World Editor (protection). Little to no drawbacks, all problems that occur are resolved in the ReadMe.

TIP: ALWAYS save the protected copy completely separate from your editor's copy, as it is very hard to open it after it has been optimized.

TIP: This program can be used in conjunction with the Widgetizer. For best results, run the Widgetizer first, then Optimize the Widgetized copy.

Version History
Quote:
4.3:
- Fixed an issue with strings in the script that were formed of digits or _, again.
- Fixed an issue with the optimizer replacing \\ with \" (or viceversa) in strings.
- Fixed a bug regarding possible malfunction after inlining real constants that did not specify a real initial value.

4.2:
- Fixed an issue with strings in the script that were formed of digits or _
- Fixed jass compile error in maps that used EnumDestructablesInCircleBJ

4.1:
- Readme updated
- Changed the interface a lot.
- Fixed a bug with 'Compress names' a.k.a "Shortest names as possible" that was potentially dangerous for scripts with a lot of globals. (A LOT of globals)
- Fixed a bug with the globals merger that could have arised issues with global variables with initialized values.
- "Compress names" will now automatically use an upper case charmap
- Added tweaks dialog containing the usual things to disable certain methods or to allow some of the formerly known as "non-recommendable" checkboxes.
- Improved size reduction for basic obfuscation on certain specific cases.

4.0 :
- Kind of updates in the readme.
- Added "Inline constant globals" method.
- "Look for other scripts to obfuscate" renamed to "Other scripts opt"
- "Other scripts opt" can now optimize .pld files as well.
- Added option to remove extra .j files found in the map.
- "Make sure to clean every unused function/variable" renamed to "Recursive cleaning"
- No longer has a chance to add 3 utf8 characters at the top of the map's script.

3.9d :
- Improved the loading time of external list files, it will also not freeze the PC when the listfile is really big.
- Fixed various bugs with gamecache function optimization.
Images
Vexorian's Map Optimizer v4.5 by Sacreligious on 07-26-2007
Given the lack of a link that I can find to download, I'll upload it to my server.
http://www.zitterwebdesign.com/hosted/V ... imizer.rar
File Size: 374.55 KB
Verified to be 100% virus-free
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

I use heavylock for reasons posted in another thread. check it out