"Disc not detected, press retry or cancel"

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Nath
Newcomer

"Disc not detected, press retry or cancel"

Post by Nath »

Suddenly, when I try and play the game, it takes a while to load and then decides my Frozen Throne disc isn't in the drive. I know that it is, and Windows can read and navigate the drive. I can run the autorun program off the CD, but it doesn't detect it.

I've tried no-cd cracks, but they won't let me connect to Battle.net. So has anybody ever experienced this problem?
JJ2197
Legendary Genius
Title: Legendary Genius²

Re: "Disc not detected, press retry or cancel"

Post by JJ2197 »

Well you could just download an image mounter (daemon tools)
Then download the cd images (via fileserver)
Computer Specs:
Motherboard: GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz
PSU: Corsair CX500
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB @ 1866
GPU: Radeon HD 4870 1GB
HDD: OCZ Vertex series 30GB SSD
Case: Antec 900
Monitor: Toshiba 32"
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Post by Durchdringen »

If your other disks work fine loading and such, I would recommend what JJ said. There may be a scuff on your disk that is preventing it from loading properly. Daemon-Tools is a very handy program and much more convenient than having to keep track of your CDs. If your disk is messed up, find a torrent of the game, download it, and save it to another hard drive or another CD, just in case you have to format or something, then use the Images with Daemon-Tools.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!
Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Nath
Newcomer

Post by Nath »

The disc is fine. I forgot to mention, I tried both of my Frozen Throne discs. There is no way that they both stop working at the same time. So I'd rather not resort to using PowerISO just yet. Daemon Tools doesn't like my computer for some reason, it won't work.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Nath wrote:The disc is fine. I forgot to mention, I tried both of my Frozen Throne discs. There is no way that they both stop working at the same time. So I'd rather not resort to using PowerISO just yet. Daemon Tools doesn't like my computer for some reason, it won't work.
Your CD-ROM? I know, it doesn't sound exactly right, since if it was, why do other CDs work? I've had a CD-ROM that works for just about everything, and here comes along the rare program that my CD-ROM doesn't want to work with. So, try using a different CD-ROM or on a different computer. It's a rare issue, so it's not likely to happen, but it could.
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Post by Durchdringen »

Wierd... Try these options in order and see if they work to resolve your problem.
A.) First, try uninstalling and re-installing both games. Then see if this works.
B.) Try updating or rolling back your cd-rom drivers.
C.) I would suggest a new cd-rom drive like Bartimaeus suggested.

If your cd-rom is reading other disks fine I wouldn't see option B nor C as a problem. But who knows somethings just don't work out the way they are supposed to.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!
Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!