Edit war3map.j then it crash

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Slayers
Newcomer

Edit war3map.j then it crash

Post by Slayers »

Hello, Buddies.

I want to makes some difference on this map. so, i'd extract war3map.j and change only some string for test it have protect or something.
it saved well and it looks MPQ editor can read all file without any problem.
but, when i go to BNET and try to create game room with edited map, my WC3 was suddenly crash. could you give any idea for this?
I want to why this happened, and how can i solve this without crash.

I'd add map on attachments. thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
devoltz
Co-Admin

Re: Edit war3map.j then it crash

Post by devoltz »

It's because that map was supposed to only work on m16 platform, since it has exclusive DzAPI natives on it, simply removing it on script will make it work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slayers
Newcomer

Post by Slayers »

devoltz wrote: October 14th, 2024, 4:43 pm It's because that map was supposed to only work on m16 platform, since it has exclusive DzAPI natives on it, simply removing it on script will make it work.
Original map works. but, when i extract and change war3map.j file, even i cannot go into game lobby. any kind of protection in there?
devoltz
Co-Admin

Post by devoltz »

Slayers wrote: October 14th, 2024, 5:11 pmOriginal map works. but, when i extract and change war3map.j file, even i cannot go into game lobby. any kind of protection in there?
Nah, the one you provided did not work for me, removing dzapi made it work, atleast for me.
Slayers
Newcomer

Post by Slayers »

devoltz wrote: October 14th, 2024, 5:13 pm
Slayers wrote: October 14th, 2024, 5:11 pmOriginal map works. but, when i extract and change war3map.j file, even i cannot go into game lobby. any kind of protection in there?
Nah, the one you provided did not work for me, removing dzapi made it work, atleast for me.
Oh, bro. then, editing war3map.j doesn't make any difference for you? i'd use mpqeditor RUS edition.
devoltz
Co-Admin

Post by devoltz »

Used this one
Slayers
Newcomer

Post by Slayers »

devoltz wrote: October 14th, 2024, 6:01 pm Used this one
bro, could you try any change on this map? like add some CP or change text. when i edit war3map.j i cannot create game in BNET.
devoltz
Co-Admin

Post by devoltz »

Slayers wrote: October 14th, 2024, 6:20 pmbro, could you try any change on this map? like add some CP or change text. when i edit war3map.j i cannot create game in BNET.
Added NZCP, might be skill issue by your part.