[Edit]TMAB 1.0A

This is where fulfilled requests go. You can make a new thread here if you edit a map and want to share it, such as if you cheat a new map without anybody actually requesting it.

Moderator: Cheaters

Unryze

Re: [Edit]TMAB 1.0A

Post by Unryze »

Thus after you recover it, use vexorian or any other tool to shrink down the size. Hostbots can't host w3x (mpq files) that aren't accessible sometimes. However some of the models like Enju got damaged in process of extraction, so it's not a good decision to upload a partially recovered map (I mean the models in it).
[WhiteChaos]

Post by [WhiteChaos] »

there was no need to restore it though, topic was about not being able to host it and JustANewbie already helped with it. :roll:
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

I'm sorry I couldn't do it. You can rebuild MPQ but there will be many missing files which make the map unplayable and that's not what we want.
Unryze

Post by Unryze »

Well.... If Whitechaos payed attention he would see that the map can be now compressed with vexorian and work perfectly on any hostbot... Unprotecting the somj for host bot will take ages, easier to extract all, compile map and add the missing files via checking missing and adding their names to the listfile.... If you wanted not to even spend any effort than I guess you better forget about it. I did 90% of the work for you, you should be able at least do this much... )
th3LatentDuckling
Newcomer

Post by th3LatentDuckling »

What should you do if you added file names by hand but they still aren't showing up?
I tried adding a model to the listfile based on what the unit data said but it still won't show up when I open the mpq with my listfile.
[WhiteChaos]

Post by [WhiteChaos] »

Once again, this topic is about TMAB map and it's already done. In case if you're talking about mbcs (though your screenshot from before shows tmab), then your method was tested long ago and it failed to succeed (gathering and compiling all the missing files, that's it).
Unryze

Post by Unryze »

Hmmmm, would like to hear how you did it. Anyways I got all of the missing files and even without them the map works fine and as intended thus I see no problem in my method. Anyway if he did what you wanted that's great. I would like to know how, just curious.
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

Could you please explain your method? I'm talking about Rebuilding MPQ which taught by Haxorico.
Unryze

Post by Unryze »

I'm not using his method, it's a method I developed on my own by rewritting first part of hex code to 20 00 00 00 and then using MPQ parser to get listfile, then use a map restorer to build the map and let it be openable in WE. The only limit that you will have is the complete restoration of some files for example blps (some get damaged in process of extraction) Like Enju, her blp is ruined :) That's why it's not entirely flawless.
Unryze

Post by Unryze »

It seems this method is glitchy if script has any syntax errors, however it is still possible by using X-dep at the end. As wct + wtg are glitchy shits. Thus having the initial war3map.j stay is the best option.

Aye, I've developed a new way that is flawless. Indeed it takes more time, but this way the map isn't corrupted and you can easily edit anything you want and host it. Behold...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.