Map Editing Problem :(

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Rasloyola
Newcomer

Map Editing Problem :(

Post by Rasloyola »

Hello guys, I'll make this short and as simple as possible. I have a problem with editing a .w3x file. I searched the internet but I couldn't find exactly what I am looking for. I was successful in editing(inserting cheatpacks) simple maps like Bleach vs OnePiece, Shadowraze Wars, etc. But one day, I thought of editing a DotA(Defense of the Ancients) map. Unlike other maps, the DotA map exceeds the 8 MB limit after replacing the original Jass file with my edited one. In this case, creating a game with the edited map results in an error message saying that the map is too large. I will type down exactly what I did just in case there was a mistake in the procedure:

1. I deprotected the DotA map with X-Dep. It took me a few minutes.
2. I created an entirely new .w3x file with the deprotected map's files. I used Ladik's MPQ Editor.
3. I opened the DotA map with the MPQ Editor.
4. I extracted the war3map.j file to my workpath.
5. I opened the war3map.j file using JassCraft and inserted JJ's CP.
6. I hit F9(Syntax Check) and found no mistakes.
7. After saving, I replaced the original war3map.j inside the DotA map with mine
8. The map size was 11 MB and was reduced to 9 MB after compacting.
9. Because it is still above 8 MB, I used Vexorian's Wc3 Optimizer to reduce the size even more.
Now the file size is down to 7.21 MB, there are a few missing files inside the archive. This naturally
happens when you optimize a map.
10. I added the missing files like the map preview (war3mapPreview.tga). Now the file size is 7.94 MB.

Everything looks normal until I create a local game with my new map. I just get taken back Warcraft III game lobby. (Page where you can select a game to join). Please if anyone knows a solution, you can contact me or simply reply to this post. That's [email protected] (Sorry for the stupid ID, this just came into my mind). If there are missing parts or things you want me to add, just tell me to make this post more detailed.
BTW, I'm a newbie here and I apologize for the "not to fancy" post and for making this post a bit longer than expected :D

=====
Lots and lots of thanks in advance! :ayeaye:
-Ras
owner123
Super Moderator

Re: Map Editing Problem :(

Post by owner123 »

Do not deprotect the map. It will mess up the .j file and make the map unplayable, as you found out. Instead just extract the files with MPQMaster or MPQView if you want to do the re-importing thing.
Rasloyola
Newcomer

Post by Rasloyola »

I tried replacing the Jass file inside the .w3x directly with my edited one. So this time, I just skipped the deprotecting. But after the process, the new file cannot be played. Instead, WC3 returns me with a message saying that the file cannot be opened because it is too large (Becomes above 8 MB).

I cannot optimize the basic map because it has already been optimized previously by the creator (Files inside appears as File0000001.xxx and so on). If I try, Vexorian's Opt will mess up the archive deleting all files inside except notepad stuff.

If you want me to post the edited map just tell me.
Please if there's a way your help will be greatly appraciated :D
haxorico
Super Moderator

Post by haxorico »

DotA has a nice and funny anti-cheat, size-wize, it shouldn't be a problem. Extract -> Cheat -> Insert -> Compact Flush.
If you want to see how to bypass the anti-cheat. Here is the link to my guide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTV7_6Zu ... e=youtu.be
Spoiler:
(02:24:09)

Code: Select all

ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:28) Lanaya: Gtfo ken.
(02:24:33) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs out of the Chat.
(02:24:40) Lanaya: Thought so. bitch.
(02:24:44) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:48) FatherSpace: Can I come back yet?
(02:24:51) Lanaya: What'd i say earlier.
(02:24:51) Lanaya: No.
(02:24:58) FatherSpace: Let's try this...
(02:25:01) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).

(14:33:51) 2Pac: Do you know what'S so funny?
(14:34:01) Lanaya: No, please show me.
(14:34:07) 2Pac: This.
(14:34:09) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).
(14:34:10) 2Pac: 

(14:35:59) haxorico: No one will belive me if I say "I got this song from 2pac on MSN" lolz ^^
(14:36:02) Lanaya: lolz.
(14:36:16) 2Pac: I AIN'T DEAD FFS.
(14:36:26) 2Pac: I'm a living legend, y'now.
(14:37:17) haxorico: why is 2Pac a legend?
(14:37:28) Lanaya: He's the worse rapper evar.

(15:42:51) Lanaya: can i suck , . . .

(13:55:21) ChatBot: 2Pac rolls 1d100 and gets 1.
(13:55:21) ChatBot: haxorico rolls 1d2 and gets 2.
(13:55:27) haxorico: owned?

GeorgeMots: xplain what happens in SP. Why cant you save?
dast.-:i need play with 2 players

(21:53:08) (673237): plzplzplz, im sorry about before.
(21:53:26) FatherSpace: I'm sorry you were born.
(21:53:31) ChatBot: (673237) has been logged out (Kicked).

(10:08:02) Bartimaeus: you do know run I youtube channel for my favorite music, right?
Rasloyola
Newcomer

Post by Rasloyola »

Oh thanks a lot! Sorry for the late reply, I stopped playing Warcraft and kinda lost interest with map cheating. With this, I'll probably be back again. Lotsa' thanks again :)
Apple
Forum Staff
Title: Best Player

Post by Apple »

Rasloyola wrote:Oh thanks a lot! Sorry for the late reply, I stopped playing Warcraft and kinda lost interest with map cheating. With this, I'll probably be back again. Lotsa' thanks again :)
As long as you follow haxorico's guide you will be fine.
A beginner cheater can follow the step he took and cheat dota maps ;-)
Request a map? Follow the rulesHERE
Request templateHERE
Please, do not PM me.
On the side note, I'm still playing vampirism speed on malaysia room, occasionally in Garena. Bcuz too lazy to find out where else I can play them.