Editing a deprotected map

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

bozotheclown
Newcomer

Editing a deprotected map

Post by bozotheclown »

I was trying to edit a deprotected map using JassNewgen 1.5e, and after I changed the script and saved it, I got that weird bug that warcraft 3 won't play the map (I can select the map on the map list, but it won't show the forces and if I click Start Game it just goes back to the map list).

After that, I tried to just open the map, change nothing and save using both Newgen's WE and WC3's WE, and still the map is unreadable by the game, even tough before this it would read it without problems. What's the catch to saving the map I'm not aware of?

Thx, and sorry for the n00b question.
owner123
Super Moderator

Re: Editing a deprotected map

Post by owner123 »

Many maps can't be played after deprotection, it's just a fact of deprotection. So, I suggest you edit the map without deprotecting it. Edit the .j file for scripts, and the war3map.w3u etc for objects.
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

is it possible if i deprotect a map then i edit the deprotect map after tat i import the things that i edited such as war3map.w3u into the original map?
bozotheclown
Newcomer

Post by bozotheclown »

What program should I use to edit those files? I tried using wordpad (and saving without formatting) and jedit to edit the war3map.j, but the map becomes unplayable.

EDIT: All sorted. Thanks for the help. It was a mistake I did while editing the jass.
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

i need to know too