Question about the "UnProtect" application in X- Deprotecter

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

poiuytrezay
Newcomer

Question about the "UnProtect" application in X- Deprotecter

Post by poiuytrezay »

Hi guys,

So, yesterday I've discover the application UnProtect in X-Deprotecter. So I was curious cause we don't need it for deprotect a map and lauch it, here I've seen a fabulous idea : "Restore GUI" function. I was exciting and decide to test this. So I've tried 4 map, I've deprotected these, as good as I can, with the "init" trigger on. Then, I've tested to use UnProtect, I've followed all step : Put the map, extract it and then fix it. But there is the problem : Every time I want to recover the GUI I've lot of different error :

For 2/4 map, I have some message who say "couldn't identify the function .." ( For one map I've searched these function but I found only 1 of theses ! ) then it says " One or more functions couldn't be identified and will have to be manually renamed! " and at the end : " There was an error in the process! Please go back and fix it! "

For 1/4 map, it crash.

For 1/4 map, it says " Please check the 'main' function and copy everything relating to the initilization of the variables to the InitGlobalsfunction. " then " There was an error in the process! Please go back and fix it! ". ( I had to use the special fix for this map )

So, here is the question : How can I use this programm ? Cause I clearly don't know how to use it .

- Poi
Endear
Newcomer

Re: Question about the "UnProtect" application in X- Deprote

Post by Endear »

You should try opening the map with MPQEditor and editing the war3map.j in the way the program asks you to.

I've tried to use Restore GUI option before but never got it to work.
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

so this thing is uselees?
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

No, not useless, it just very rarely works. I'd say 1%-5% of the time you try it it works