Help : Garena Possible Map(GMP)

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

callmeRhen
Newcomer

Help : Garena Possible Map(GMP)

Post by callmeRhen »

Hi and good day guys. Recently i edited v6.74c DotA Map i change it's loading page to a high quality targa image divided into four(4) 512x512 (2) TL and TR and 512x256 (2) BL and BR. I optimized it using warcraft map optimizer because the size of the map is so big and can't be played. After i optimized it, the map is a little smaller than the recent size. But suddenly when i use the map as my official map on Garena they didn't recognize it as v6.74c map and when they enter my room they need to download it.
How did other's make it possible that their Edited/Costumized map is a Garena Possible Map?
Like this one : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e1iu32x27g0lpi4
It is edited because of it's map contents and High-quality loading screen. But still it can be used as a Garena Possible Map.
I wanted it too!
Can someone help me?
Nuuby
Forum Staff

Re: Help : Garena Possible Map(GMP)

Post by Nuuby »

Vexorians will probably change some stuff when it optimizes the map. Don't do that, if it's too big and compact flush doesn't work rebuild the map. "Garena Possible Map" sounds like a ridiculous term for aesthetic map edits though.
callmeRhen
Newcomer

Post by callmeRhen »

Sorry i didn't know the right term. On-topic what do i need to do just to have an aesthetic edited map?
Nuuby
Forum Staff

Post by Nuuby »

Erm, you just edit the model and skin files, *.mdx *.blp *.tga *.png
These kinds, anything else might cause a desync or would be considered as a different map.
KangTooJee
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: Legenda

Post by KangTooJee »

or u compress the name/ optimize the script with vexorian..
Kyoshiro
Forum Staff

Post by Kyoshiro »

.... no you do NOT optimize the script...
If you have any questions drop in by chat sometime, chances are there'll be someone who can help you that's afking there, so the next best thing is to click the link on UndeadxAssassin's Sig and ask your question there.