Fall kingdom

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

toxinman
Newcomer

Fall kingdom

Post by toxinman »

Hi
i created a mini game warcraft map based on classic warcraft game
(Fall kingdom 2.00)
but i changed it to so much more fun and more speeding game
so you can enjoy it more and dont need lots of upgrade or checking food or etc
but game is not out of control , buying unit and gaining money is very controlled and have balance
but i will be happy to create a game that see player will enjoy it
so if anyone wanna help with Ai and balancing the game
i will thanks him/her very much...
Thank you guys for testing this map
toXin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
owner123
Super Moderator

Re: Fall kingdom

Post by owner123 »

Hey toxinman, welcome to wc3edit.net.

Map requests is more for cheatpacks or hacking, so I moved your thread to Warcraft Map Discussion.

I will play it and give my comments. Maybe I could help with AI, and I will give my opinion on the balance.
(I will edit my post after I'm done)

(Edit): I think you should remove the observer slot. Observers can be added through advanced settings if the host wants them. And those observers can't talk and give away what players are doing.

(edit 2) I really don't understand the game. I picked a base, but there's no gold mine.
Is this like a custom ladder or totally different? I recommend you remove changelog from load screen and add info about the game. Also make F9 quests.

(edit 3) There are too few green camps and the oranges are too powerful. If there were 4 players, they would take 1 green each, and none would even be level 2 for the oranges. I nearly got pwned using units + hero against an orange.

(edit 4) Oh I see they respawn. You may want to tell players that, as I had no idea xD

(edit 5) There needs to be a way to heal units. Make a buyable shop with salves?

(edit 6) Um big problem.. when you try to attack some creep camps, creeps from other places aggro.
Its the ones in the middle by the trees where it happens. I keep getting hit by golems :(

Some last thougts and summary. 1) Communicate what your map is about better with the player (quests and text)
2) Make sure respawned units are fair. I killed some easy units in an orange and got like impossible ones.
3) Gold income seems much too slow to me
4) Heroes seem too strong, and units too weak.

Those are my opinions of the map, take em or leave em.

If you tell me what the AI should do, I bet I can help you program it.
toxinman
Newcomer

Post by toxinman »

thanks man ... i will appreciated :)
i fixed one thing from it will upload the fixed map
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toxinman
Newcomer

Post by toxinman »

No observer verison :)
thanks m8
toxinman
Newcomer

Post by toxinman »

yeah i need give more hint about it
1)there is 4 shop in the center area
2)there are many adds will spawn time to time
3)and many item will drop from the adds but it has chance
4)gold and exprince it a lit bit difrrent from other map and gold is gained by killing mobs and have chance to gain from other sources
5)i will do the quest thing and write more hint in the load screen :)
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

It seems to me that if you're going to have units with really good active abilities (Throw boulder from golem, that one hurts) that you should give more gold income or reduce gold to revive hero. The dumb golems spammed throw boulder on my, I couldn't do anything and died with like 50 gold. It would have taken like 5 minutes to get enough to respawn.

Hm, also if you just put in ladder heroes, you'd better nerf blademaster or he will be picked every game. Crit would be ridiculously good in a game with tomes.
toxinman
Newcomer

Post by toxinman »

i wanna have good strategy for the Ai computer you put in slots
they are really dumb now abut building units , cause i didn't put much effort about building strategy for
1)what units must they build for each races
2)when they attack what like :(in ai edior of world editor , like attack prority : common alliance targe->enamy major assult->....->attack any town->creep camp(6,100))
3)easy , normal , inane , indivisual strategy line

and for the ballance i need opinion on :
1)the cost of units is fair , specially u dont need any upgrade or research to create more powerfull units
2)all units have all researched done at start
3)cost of heroes and revive them
4)cost of item (drop or shop)
5)chance of droping items(and level of items)
6)creep camps level

thanks for helping me so far
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

Balance:

1) Okay, I only tested naga, but they did seem alright.
2) This is good in my opinion. Some may disagaree though.
3) Cost of heroes, good. I think respawn cost is a little too high.
4) Good
5) Good
6) Every tileset has different creeps. I think most are fine, but some (Dragons and golems in particular) are too hard.
toxinman
Newcomer

Post by toxinman »

check this , alot of improvement
toxinman
Newcomer

Post by toxinman »

i will work on the new setting on this map and i will release it as soon as it will be completed
to have 3 tier upgrade to create unit for each tier set
like for Orcs :
1st tier) 1st hero , Grunt , Troll Berseker , shaman
2nd tier) 2nd Hero , witch doctor , Batrider
3rd tier) Tauren , Windrider , Windwalker
is it a good Idea?!