"Interesting" custom sounds in AoS map

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Easilydistracted
Newcomer

"Interesting" custom sounds in AoS map

Post by Easilydistracted »

Just recently, a friend got me to play a LAN game of some Bleach-themed AoS he found on mapgnome, and everything seemed pretty normal until we got to the killstreaks. Most Arena and AoS maps I've played have the sounds taken from something like Unreal Tournament (Double/Triple Kill, Humiliation, Killing Spree etc), but this one had something decidedly funnier.

Take a look at this, and you should see what I'm talking about. I'm not really sure where to place this, but I figured I couldn't go wrong with discussion, right? Does anyone know how to get these sound files extracted? I'd like to place them into a flash-based sound board, just to play them whenever I want a laugh (especially the "beyond Godlike" one, that was amazing). I tried opening it up with MPQMaster, just planning on looking around to see what I could find, but it crashed that, and opening it up in World Edit says unit data missing or invalid, which I've never seemed to be able to fix, no matter which tutorial I follow.
Other than that, has anyone else ever come across any interesting custom sounds in maps? I'd be quite interested in hearing them, to be honest.
Kyoshiro
Forum Staff

Re: "Interesting" custom sounds in AoS map

Post by Kyoshiro »

streak sounds.zip are the ones from the map.
fem dota kill sounds is the same as above but with more sounds.
there are a few other streak sounds on the playdota forums under the ai/tools section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you have any questions drop in by chat sometime, chances are there'll be someone who can help you that's afking there, so the next best thing is to click the link on UndeadxAssassin's Sig and ask your question there.