Deprotect getting .xxx files

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Quiraj
Newcomer

Deprotect getting .xxx files

Post by Quiraj »

So I spend a lot of time looking for a way but I can't find how to get the File0000.mdx/blp to actually use a real name and some of them are even called File0000.xxx

The map in question has spazzler and vex and god knows what else. The map is so broken and corrupted it crashes half the players online on start up and has nearly 100% chance of crashing down and is actually only playable solo (which you still got chance to crash).

I managed to get (I think most of the files) but they end up like File0000.mdx/blp/xxx the map also has sounds but I haven't found them either (I don't want them anyway). I'm not really requesting to deprotect the map but more of a way how to deal with these .xxx files and lack of names. I can just import the files to empty map if it doesn't work means it needs blp -> convert mdx to mdl look up name, look matching blp with WC3Vieuwer edit it.

Haven't found anything on the net about it so if anyone would be willingly to enlighten me on this subject much appreciation.
Last edited by Quiraj on April 2nd, 2012, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
owner123
Super Moderator

Re: Deprotect getting .xxx files

Post by owner123 »

It's because you don't have a good listfile. Get a full listfile from the useful tools section,
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Re: Deprotect getting .xxx files

Post by naturesfury »

o.o so what do you want? to fix the map? if it's that badly made, chances are, it's not worth playing... but whatever, we don't judge here xP (at least, i don't)
we may be able to help better if you post the map too... and try using
http://forum.wc3edit.net/useful-tools-f ... 13994.html
that tool