GUIDE: How to Open Spazzled Maps

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

GeorgeMots
Crusader

GUIDE: How to Open Spazzled Maps

Post by GeorgeMots »

This little guide will help you open nearly any map regardless of protection.

First, you have to download MPQView. This tool is the the only public MPQ editor that can open hard locked maps.
MPQView.rar
Once you open the application, click "File" and then select "Open data file" as shown in this picture:

Now you have to select a listfile; it should take a few seconds to read it. Now click "Open archive", and make sure when selecting the files to edit the selection it's "All files" instead of just "MPQ Files". This way you can open up .w3x files.

Now go to the top file, hold shift and press end on your keyboard. This will select every file in the entire archive. Click on "File" and then "Save".

You will be prompted to extract the map into a folder. Once you select your folder, you will have to confirm whether you want to extract the map with its structure or just have it dump everything into that folder without subfolders.

That's pretty much all you need to know about spazzled maps unless you have a despazzler. However, this guide falls short when it comes to listfiles as there's no way to build one off a spazzled map. Unless you have a complete listfile of the map you can't retrieve all the files, and missing ones won't be extracted.

If you need help with listfiles, request them in here and I'll provide any help I can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)
Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Re: How to open Spazzled maps

Post by Dekar »

It's funny that you actually don't even need listfiles. Inside an MPQ archive files are tracked by their hashes. It would be possible to attach files to an MPQ archive without knowing their name and the map would still find them. I never digged into MPQ, but it surely isn't too hard to implement. I won't do it though :P
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!
In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Re: How to open Spazzled maps

Post by GeorgeMots »

Dekar wrote:It's funny that you actually don't even need listfiles. Inside an MPQ archive files are tracked by their hashes. It would be possible to attach files to an MPQ archive without knowing their name and the map would still find them. I never digged into MPQ, but it surely isn't too hard to implement. I won't do it though :P
(17:30:58) Bartimaeus: What a bum.
Spoiler:
stealer

Re: GUIDE: How to Open Spazzled Maps

Post by stealer »

GeorgeMots wrote:If you need help with listfiles, request them in here and I'll provide any help I can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

stealer wrote:
GeorgeMots wrote:If you need help with listfiles, request them in here and I'll provide any help I can.
Opening this shows nothing.
Use this map. This Technic is not promised to work all the times. There are many work arounds for this. Since MPQ View is crashing we can try different approaches. For instance Ladiks Mpq editor and WinMPQ can open the archive. You can extract the files or the map and then either create a new MPQ archive, using MPQ Master in this case or rebuilding the map using xdep. I attach the plain w3x map which has no MPQ corruption and you can freely edit it.
Spoiler:
stealer

Post by stealer »

MPQView wasn't opening it cause I forgot to follow the steps [So i tried to ninja-edit but i guess i didn't].

If i attempt to open the map you gave me in wc3editor it crashes because of a missing unit data and if I follow this guide it still doesn't work. http://forum.wc3edit.net/deprotection-c ... 16357.html

If i attempt to rebuild it using Ladik's MPQ Edtitor it is openable in wc3 editor but it does not function properly and models are clearly not being rendered or something.
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

That is because the map i gave you doesn't have a complete listfile. I couldn't get a complete one.
Spoiler:
haxorico
Super Moderator

Post by haxorico »

stealer wrote:MPQView wasn't opening it cause I forgot to follow the steps [So i tried to ninja-edit but i guess i didn't].

If i attempt to open the map you gave me in wc3editor it crashes because of a missing unit data and if I follow this guide it still doesn't work. http://forum.wc3edit.net/deprotection-c ... 16357.html

If i attempt to rebuild it using Ladik's MPQ Edtitor it is openable in wc3 editor but it does not function properly and models are clearly not being rendered or something.
This guide tells you how to open maps using tools such as mpqmaster to be able to cheat them etc.
If you want to open it in world editor you need to deprotect the map and restore it.
Spoiler:
(02:24:09)

Code: Select all

ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:28) Lanaya: Gtfo ken.
(02:24:33) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs out of the Chat.
(02:24:40) Lanaya: Thought so. bitch.
(02:24:44) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:48) FatherSpace: Can I come back yet?
(02:24:51) Lanaya: What'd i say earlier.
(02:24:51) Lanaya: No.
(02:24:58) FatherSpace: Let's try this...
(02:25:01) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).

(14:33:51) 2Pac: Do you know what'S so funny?
(14:34:01) Lanaya: No, please show me.
(14:34:07) 2Pac: This.
(14:34:09) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).
(14:34:10) 2Pac: 

(14:35:59) haxorico: No one will belive me if I say "I got this song from 2pac on MSN" lolz ^^
(14:36:02) Lanaya: lolz.
(14:36:16) 2Pac: I AIN'T DEAD FFS.
(14:36:26) 2Pac: I'm a living legend, y'now.
(14:37:17) haxorico: why is 2Pac a legend?
(14:37:28) Lanaya: He's the worse rapper evar.

(15:42:51) Lanaya: can i suck , . . .

(13:55:21) ChatBot: 2Pac rolls 1d100 and gets 1.
(13:55:21) ChatBot: haxorico rolls 1d2 and gets 2.
(13:55:27) haxorico: owned?

GeorgeMots: xplain what happens in SP. Why cant you save?
dast.-:i need play with 2 players

(21:53:08) (673237): plzplzplz, im sorry about before.
(21:53:26) FatherSpace: I'm sorry you were born.
(21:53:31) ChatBot: (673237) has been logged out (Kicked).

(10:08:02) Bartimaeus: you do know run I youtube channel for my favorite music, right?