Enabling SP(tricky)

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Seraas
Newcomer

Enabling SP(tricky)

Post by Seraas »

Hi there again,

I've been trying to enable Singleplayer saving in this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps ... C%26r%3D20

world-ancients-desert-winds-v0-19

without breaking the whole scaling depending on the player number. In which I failed horribly.
Whatever I did nothing worked. Even all the Guides to enable Singleplayer in this Forum didn't work.
My understanding of the whole Jass programming is still pretty low and I can't seem to figure it out.

Someone got a solution or an idea?

Again, many thanks in advance!

Seraaz
Kyoshiro
Forum Staff

Re: Enabling SP(tricky)

Post by Kyoshiro »

what is the "without breaking the whole scaling depending on the player number." thing?
If you have any questions drop in by chat sometime, chances are there'll be someone who can help you that's afking there, so the next best thing is to click the link on UndeadxAssassin's Sig and ask your question there.
Seraas
Newcomer

Post by Seraas »

Ah sorry for that, it may need further elaboration.

The game has a mechanic that the enemys grow stronger depending on how many players... well play.
Since I fumbled with the player counting in the scripts to emulate more than 1 player to be able to save,
I ended with the enemys scaling way to high since the map thinks there are more than 1 player ingame.
Kyoshiro
Forum Staff

Post by Kyoshiro »

rather than changing the number of players in the game change the number of people needed to save
search for ro>1 and change them to ro>0
If you have any questions drop in by chat sometime, chances are there'll be someone who can help you that's afking there, so the next best thing is to click the link on UndeadxAssassin's Sig and ask your question there.
Seraas
Newcomer

Post by Seraas »

that actually worked, thanks a lot!