Seeing qests

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

imnoob

Re: Seeing qests

Post by imnoob »

Kyoshiro wrote:the trigstr_xxxx are in the war3map.wts file
how do you know this ? do you look it up or is trigstr_xxxx always in war3map.wts file ? i ment constant as in always in the same place :P
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Post by naturesfury »

yea it's "constant"
trigstrings are always in the wts file
Risugami
Title: Slacking

Post by Risugami »

TRIGSTR_XXXX are always from the war3map.wts file, I can't really tell if its constant because. If you removev TRIGSTR_XXXX and replace it with a normal text, the map COULD still work fine. Although, it's much safer to change it from the war3map.wts because it's the way how the map was made.
Image Image
(Made by: Risugami) | Risugami's Signature Workshop

"As a young boy, I was taught in high school that hacking was cool. - Kevin Mitnick"
imnoob

Post by imnoob »

Continuing the same topic, kinda, If i know that hero + item triggers channge of the hero, or item + item triggers to a new item where can i find these triggers ? :)
Kyoshiro
Forum Staff

Post by Kyoshiro »

you can search the rawcode of the item in the war3map.j file and try to piece it together
If you have any questions drop in by chat sometime, chances are there'll be someone who can help you that's afking there, so the next best thing is to click the link on UndeadxAssassin's Sig and ask your question there.
imnoob

Post by imnoob »

Kyoshiro wrote:you can search the rawcode of the item in the war3map.j file and try to piece it together
i can piece that i need the item the hero lvl >= 700 i know from what hero what hero i will get i just cant seem to find what location i need to enter
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Post by naturesfury »

go back to where it registers the event
it should be like triggerregisterenter then region or regionsimple or rectsimple
find that and see what region/rect it points to
get a deprotected copy of the map
find the coordinates
enter that place ingame
voila