Need help !

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Hika
Newcomer

Need help !

Post by Hika »

Hello wc3edit-community,

I am really interest in (de)protection/cheating and also editing of wc3 maps!
After I read some of the tutorials about how to unprotect a map, it really worked and I could open the map with the WE.
I went with owner123's guide:
http://forum.wc3edit.net/deprotection-c ... 16357.html
I did step 2 and replaced the old w3i file. Then I had the unit error and did step 3, but it did not ask me to overwrite something...but the map was now loadable with WE!
I attached the original and my unprotected mapfile.

The problem that occured now is, well the units and buildings are missing:
This is what it should look like:
And this is what it looks like:

I tested loading deprotected maps by other ppl and the result is the same, when i save the maps and play them in w3, all buildings and units are missing : /

Since I'm a beginner, I'd appreciate an easy reply :D

Thx in advance for any replies!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
owner123
Super Moderator

Re: Need help !

Post by owner123 »

Hi.

TBR is a bitch to deprot.

GhettoChild had a guide somewhere to get units back. If you play the map in wc3 the units will be there. In WE they will not.
The units are created on map init.

Here you go: http://forum.wc3edit.net/deprotection-c ... t1606.html

It's tough.
Hika
Newcomer

Post by Hika »

Hey!

Thanks for ur last reply and I guess i couldnt have a better person to reply, since i made use of ur nice guide :)
I'll go through the topic u linked here!
Just a little thing, if i add something on the deprotected map like a "foliant of power" ( using WE ), then the units wont spawn for me in normal wc3 : /

GreetZ
Hika
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

Use a de-obfuscator on the map to recover the scripts.
I checked out your map, it had no scripts. Saving it over-wrote it's origional scripts.
Use RMPQEx on the map, you will get a de-obfuscated .j file. Import that .j file, then deprotect.

That will make it still work if you save it.
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Post by naturesfury »

dunno what a foliant of power is.....but if that's all you wanna do, the easier thing is to make a CreateUnit() somewhere so it spawns it at map init instead of in WE
Risugami
Title: Slacking

Post by Risugami »

naturesfury wrote:dunno what a foliant of power is.....but if that's all you wanna do, the easier thing is to make a CreateUnit() somewhere so it spawns it at map init instead of in WE
That's not the point, he wants the units and building in the WE.

As you can see, the units and buildings are made on map init (like what owner123 said), so you have to place them manually by getting clues in the script itself.
Image Image
(Made by: Risugami) | Risugami's Signature Workshop

"As a young boy, I was taught in high school that hacking was cool. - Kevin Mitnick"
Hika
Newcomer

Post by Hika »

Thanks for both replies : )

I didnt have time today, but I'll try it tomorrow or tuesday !

Btw, of course there are easier ways to lvl xD
But then there would be the question, why didn't i just download a cheated TBR made by someone else in the first place!
The answer is, I wanna try to learn that kind of stuff myself ;D
Maybe TBR wasn't such a good choice for a beginner, but now I'm in this and learn it the hard way :P!

GreetZ
Hika

*edit
I managed to get a complete filelist now I guess! If i play the deprotected map now, the units etc spawn on map initiation. But the second I edit something the scripts etc are all gone : / !