How to change a Map Name?

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

nimbusman

How to change a Map Name?

Post by nimbusman »

im asking this because that would grant me a better control over the cheated and no cheated maps because some people dont donwload some maps because they see the map donwloading so theyre like (WHY THE HELL im RE-DONWLOADING?!?!? :mad: )
THANKS IN ADVANCE :lol:
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Re: How to change a Map Name?

Post by naturesfury »

nimbusman

Post by nimbusman »

im sorry i readed that post but theres something that i dont understand about it and is the fact of the hex editor thing...
i didnt understand...
Nuuby wrote:The top circle is the maps' name with something else behind it, ignore that extra bit. And on the bottom you can see the start of the MPQ header. Bear in mind the location of it as well, because that has to remain constant throughout the editing or the map won't work. So edit the name to whatever you want and don't touch that little extra bit behind. Also make sure you delete the same amount of blank space. those 0 0s. So that the MPQ Header is still in the same location.
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Post by naturesfury »

do you have a hex editor? O.o
it's a program like notepad
go download it and open the map with it
at the top (in the first circle), you can see the map name so change that to what you want
but make sure to delete/add enough zeros (where that massive wall of zeros are) so that the 2nd circled part starts at 512
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

If you turn on the "overwrite" function and never hit delete or backspace, you should be fine.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...
Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Post by naturesfury »

if you use undead's method, watch out of you're changing the name to something longer....incase you delete some stuff after it (like that random slash? o.o)
nimbusman

Post by nimbusman »

Well thanks to everyone.. ;-)
i just asked a friend of mine to do it and he was like man youre an idiot how you didnt make it yourself is so easy! :lol:
God Bless you and your family for all and thanks!

[Edit]: Well i really need a tip or two about this im reallhy happy because i managed to use the hex editor and acomplish mi desires BUT!
i dont know how i can make mi MPQ Editor recognice all the files inside the map in only shows something like "File 0000000000000b..." or something like that PLEASE HELP ME im sorry if iam disturbing someone but i need that help
GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND THANKS (sorry for my bad(REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD!) inglish)
nimbusman

Post by nimbusman »

Bump!
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Post by naturesfury »

use a better listfile o.o
nimbusman

Post by nimbusman »