Massively Medieval RPG

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

HINDYhat

Re: Massively Medieval RPG

Post by HINDYhat »

CC hasn't been completed yet. I will try to add some stuff in soon. As for the next parts, I will try to clear up all of the current bugs, then I will start working on the guilds, and then I will continue the main quest.

As for the arena bug, I'm aware of it. It's being fixed now.
Beuren
Newcomer

Post by Beuren »

Uhh yea I tried out your map. I tried version .41 C

1) None of the commands work.
2) You can't even move your guy.
3) Nor can you even pick one..
4) Sometimes you have to keep clicking your guy just to see his image.
HINDYhat

Post by HINDYhat »

Try opening Wc3 that should fix the problems.
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

lmao
HINDYhat

Post by HINDYhat »

But seriously though...

How can you not move your guy, or you have to click his image often for you to see im, if you can't even pick a guy...
Bartimaeus²

Post by Bartimaeus² »

HINDYhat wrote:But seriously though...

How can you not move your guy, or you have to click his image often for you to see im, if you can't even pick a guy...
There's your flaw : He's a big dirty liar.

Oh, btw, look at your signature on the bottom, might want to fix that to .42...
weirdone2
Forum Staff

Post by weirdone2 »

Was wondering could you make it possible to skip the scenes they get annoying after a little bit. Seeing them once = kewl, seeing them 2+ = annoying. :P
Illidans911
Title: God Of Ownage

Post by Illidans911 »

Id just skip all the cinematics, i just wanna play!!!!
ImageDeck the halls with gasoline! Falalala! lalalala@!@Image
ImageLight it on fire and watch them all scream! Falalala! Lalala Image
ImageBurn the school down to the ashes Falalalaa! lalalala!@!Image
em100181
Newcomer

Post by em100181 »

ive played this map a bit but, umm...there's alot of things that dont work...for example it spams messages to you usually 2-3 times, sometimes it spams messages on a never ending loop (like, items will be deleted, or quest messages, etc). so thats 1 thing annoying.

other then that...ehm....whats the point of the map?
you follow this trail set out in front of you, you have absolutely no choice what to do, just keep going forward, with a sidequest here and there once in a rare while (which is usually short and also meaningless)....i mean, whats the RPG in this?

id call this map more of a "story" map. now as a story map perhaps not too bad...but its not anything close to an RPG. so thats i guess 1 more annoying thing because i was expecting an RPG and here comes a map where i really only chose 1 race, 1 class (which are all the same in the different races), i get the same abilities, then later on i get some profession based on some random choice i make after talking to 3 drunk stupid pandas that make me think of barney or some rediculously stupid childs TV show.

then i do some maze-escape type minigame where i try to make it through these explosive barrels and etc etc etc....
i mean its not an RPG man, really....
its hard to make a real true RPG in wc, i know...there's limitations here, sure...but....cmon man this is a story map at best.
i think you need to realize that, and hey, if you do realize it, you could actually focus on that and make a really good story map. all the little attempts you made and putting in "RPG'ish" elements i think more than anything just detract from what this map really is, and could be better at.

overall, this map becomes quite boring after a (rather short) while....i think it would be alot more fun if maybe you looked at the design again, try to be a bit abstract about it, and continue to develop it for what it is.
if youre gonna try to put in more RPG-type elements into this map its not going to do anything, the whole map is designed to be a linear story-driven adventure kind of thing.
but to give you some great examples of that, look at maps like
"To The Bitter End" or TTBE - theres 5 maps in the storyline, theyre only single player, but its a cool story, its pretty fun, doesnt take long to play each map, and well...ya its not an RPG, its an adventure/story map and its a damn good series.

the thing i think you could really make special about your map, is that it would be a multiplayer story map, where, possibly, you could have PVP competition between the sides....
ala - humans, orcs, night elves all vying for control of the next step in the story...whoever accomplishes the current task first, drives the story in their direction....then you could have tons of cool diversity and replayability.

anyway thats my 2c
hahawoot
Newcomer

Post by hahawoot »

1st: holy crap lots of typing

2nd: ur map is kinda glitchy. i had a druid turn the level where it gains ranged attack then it lost the power it got from those panda dudes.

3rd: cinimatics ftl.