Optimizing Problem

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Nuuby
Forum Staff

Re: Optimizing Problem

Post by Nuuby »

Well the thing that I don't like about MPQ Editor's compact is that you need all file names ~_~
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

Durge wrote:Hmm, well I only removed some stuff, I didn't add anything, and its still bigger than the original.

To clear this up I think you misunderstood what i was talking about.
I downloaded the hacked version of twilight's eve R2, and then I took out a line of coding that keeps players from loading pugs in that version, then saved and compiled it and readded it to the map, then compact(flush)'ed the map and it made it 300 kb's bigger
When you re-add a file back to the map, it only replaces the original file. The original file is not deleted from the map's directory, however, and just lingers somewhere in the background. Essentially, when you re-add the war3map.j file, you will have two of them, it's just that one cannot be seen and that is why your map is bigger. When compact(Flush)-ing, it removes that 'invisible' file, if you will. However, using the flush function of MPQMaster sucks and just because you can click on it doesn't mean that it will work.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...
Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
Durge

Post by Durge »

Ah, thank you, that makes more sense now.
ImageImageImage
bananas

Post by bananas »

UndeadxAssassin wrote:
Durge wrote:Hmm, well I only removed some stuff, I didn't add anything, and its still bigger than the original.

To clear this up I think you misunderstood what i was talking about.
I downloaded the hacked version of twilight's eve R2, and then I took out a line of coding that keeps players from loading pugs in that version, then saved and compiled it and readded it to the map, then compact(flush)'ed the map and it made it 300 kb's bigger
When you re-add a file back to the map, it only replaces the original file. The original file is not deleted from the map's directory, however, and just lingers somewhere in the background. Essentially, when you re-add the war3map.j file, you will have two of them, it's just that one cannot be seen and that is why your map is bigger. When compact(Flush)-ing, it removes that 'invisible' file, if you will. However, using the flush function of MPQMaster sucks and just because you can click on it doesn't mean that it will work.
Sorry for the slight bump, but if it doesnt work, then what other ways are there to compact (flush) it? Currently a file that im editing is 7.95 mb, and when i add in a .j file (874mb), it became 8.06mb overall which makes it unplayable in multiplayer. No matter how many times i compact flush it with mpqmaster, i wasnt able to reduce the size in any way. So is there any way to reticfy this problem?
naturesfury
Forum Spammer

Post by naturesfury »

hmm like the title says...you could try optimizing o.o
vexorian's optimizer
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

Durge wrote:Ok, so I tried using vex's optimizer
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

Vexorian's Optimizer, HeavyLocker, any other optimizing programs you can find. The first two are what IceFrog uses for DotA. You can use more than one on one map.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...
Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!