Too difficult for me

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Samarubi
Newcomer

Too difficult for me

Post by Samarubi »

As a newbie i tried following all the directions possible, different tuts then the ones on this site as well, but no succes. I'll be honest i haven't tried the deprotection method stickied in this forum, because it already says to not try this on hard maps with lots of triggers and whatnot, which this one definitely has loads off. I managed to implement the cheatpack, which seemed to work for most part, but i can't use it because the map works with a save/loading system and implementing the cheatpack apparently makes the saving and loading bugged somehow. (it would provide a blank savecode when saving)

It'd be great to either get that fixed, or to get the map fully deprotected. Was wondering if anyone would happen to be up for the challenge? I can't manage.

Would be greatly appreciated!

Map: http://www.mediafire.com/?ij7aw4eeahuspzt
Nuuby
Forum Staff

Re: Too difficult for me

Post by Nuuby »

Samarubi wrote:As a newbie i tried following all the directions possible, different tuts then the ones on this site as well, but no succes. I'll be honest i haven't tried the deprotection method stickied in this forum, because it already says to not try this on hard maps with lots of triggers and whatnot, which this one definitely has loads off. I managed to implement the cheatpack, which seemed to work for most part, but i can't use it because the map works with a save/loading system and implementing the cheatpack apparently makes the saving and loading bugged somehow. (it would provide a blank savecode when saving)

It'd be great to either get that fixed, or to get the map fully deprotected. Was wondering if anyone would happen to be up for the challenge? I can't manage.

The save function gives a empty code when playing in single player or with other people on LAN/Bnet? If it's on single player and you get a empty code it's most likely that there are anti single player functions in the map. If it's on multiplayer and you still get a blank save code then there's probably some weird stuff going on and using another cheatpack might solve it. And deprotection won't help you here if it's cheating you want.
Samarubi
Newcomer

Post by Samarubi »

Nuuby wrote:
Samarubi wrote:As a newbie i tried following all the directions possible, different tuts then the ones on this site as well, but no succes. I'll be honest i haven't tried the deprotection method stickied in this forum, because it already says to not try this on hard maps with lots of triggers and whatnot, which this one definitely has loads off. I managed to implement the cheatpack, which seemed to work for most part, but i can't use it because the map works with a save/loading system and implementing the cheatpack apparently makes the saving and loading bugged somehow. (it would provide a blank savecode when saving)

The save function gives a empty code when playing in single player or with other people on LAN/Bnet? If it's on single player and you get a empty code it's most likely that there are anti single player functions in the map. If it's on multiplayer and you still get a blank save code then there's probably some weird stuff going on and using another cheatpack might solve it. And deprotection won't help you here if it's cheating you want.
Single player also has a save load function but it doesnt work with codes. just -save and -load. But yes i tested it on lan ofcourse. Normally when saving you'd get eg "save code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-...." but after the cheatpack it simply says "save code: " and that's it. And it was to my understanding that having a deprotected version would help because adding cheats would apparently, still wouldn't know how, be easier, and i'd have some more control over it. If this is possible anyway
Kyoshiro
Forum Staff

Post by Kyoshiro »

why dont you just use the one i've already posted?
http://forum.wc3edit.net/fulfilled-requ ... 20739.html

and deprotecting a map wont make things any easier.
If you have any questions drop in by chat sometime, chances are there'll be someone who can help you that's afking there, so the next best thing is to click the link on UndeadxAssassin's Sig and ask your question there.
Samarubi
Newcomer

Post by Samarubi »

oh damn. didn't know you had. Map version isn't all that old. Would've surprised me to see it's been done. Thanks heaps though