Specific class mover, leader board, and kill-related events

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Daikynn
Newcomer

Specific class mover, leader board, and kill-related events

Post by Daikynn »

I'm creating an old (think SC:BW) blood map and I'm running into difficulties with the triggering. I've been trying the last few days and I can't seem to get these to work.

1) I'm wanting to create a trigger that works to the effect of:
When (player) moves (specific unit) to (region a), order all of (unit x, unit y, and unit z) to attack to (region 1).

2) I need to create a leader board that displays player names and kill count, but when I try to create the trigger it always tells me "Leaderboards cannot be displayed at map initialization." I know I'm probably just being stupid, but I can't figure out where I'm going wrong.

3) This is related to the leader board problem. I want to set it up where when a player reaches x kills, his base begins producing a new type of unit. For example, right now I have it set up where every 2.00 seconds a footman is created at Region X. I want to make it when Player reaches 500 kills, he begins producing a knight every 2.00 seconds. Then at 1000 a different unit, etc.

4) Again related to the leader board, I want to set the victory conditions to when Player reaches 2000 kills, declare victory.

If someone could either show me how to set these up or even just point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it
Thanks
owner123
Super Moderator

Re: Specific class mover, leader board, and kill-related events

Post by owner123 »

For the first, make a unit group and when they are created add them to the unit group.
Unless it's a unit TYPE, in which case do Select every unit match unit type and do actions
Then for your event, when a unit enter region 001
Pick every unit in unit group or every unit matching type of unit (respectively) and order them to attack move.
Copy this 3 times, change unit type.
Here it is in screenshot form.
Spoiler:
2) Instead of having Map Initialization as the event, have Time Elapsed is 0.01 seconds.
Spoiler:
3) Here's a nice efficient way of doing this.
It will set the ProductionType (A variable) of the player number of owner of killing unit. Then you need to spawn ProductionType for that player.
Spoiler:
4) Only requires a small mod on 3.
Spoiler:
Daikynn
Newcomer

Post by Daikynn »

On 2, 3, and 4 thats great, thanks!
On 1, is there any way to specify it so that one specific unit triggers the event?

The reason I ask is that I've got two types of units spawning (Orc and Human) for each player on a 1v1 Blood Match. I want to be able to control each set of units separately. The way I'm set up right now is I have 5 beacons for player, each with a region assigned to it, and two "mover" units. What I would like is if the Red Human Mover moves into the Attack North East beacon all of Red's Human units attack to the North East corner, and be able to have the Red Orc Mover set to move units to attack the South East.

I think that's about as clear as mud, but I'm having trouble putting it into words haha.

Edit: I think I've got it now. I ended up using Unit Groups like you mentioned above. The only difficulty I'm having now is getting it to consistently add units to the group... It seems like it wants to stop adding them after about 10-15 seconds. Any suggestions?

Edit 2: I'm an idiot. Never mind, I realized what I was doing wrong... Many thanks!
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

So, did you figure it out or do you want me to tell you?
haxorico
Super Moderator

Post by haxorico »

the unit making thing wont be working so good, as when it reaches lets say 1000 kills. This what happens.

if kills>= 500
produce footman
endif
if kills>=1000
produce knight
endif

It won't really change the type of unit spawning as it will just take a mili-second (or less?) for the wc3 to get the new value. Yet I don't recomend it, and I think you should use the ELSE function over there, starting from the other way around.
if kills>=2000
victory
else if kills >=1500
produce sniper
else if kills >= 1000
produce knight
else if kills >= 500
produce footman
endif
endif
endif
endif
Spoiler:
(02:24:09)

Code: Select all

ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:28) Lanaya: Gtfo ken.
(02:24:33) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs out of the Chat.
(02:24:40) Lanaya: Thought so. bitch.
(02:24:44) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:48) FatherSpace: Can I come back yet?
(02:24:51) Lanaya: What'd i say earlier.
(02:24:51) Lanaya: No.
(02:24:58) FatherSpace: Let's try this...
(02:25:01) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).

(14:33:51) 2Pac: Do you know what'S so funny?
(14:34:01) Lanaya: No, please show me.
(14:34:07) 2Pac: This.
(14:34:09) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).
(14:34:10) 2Pac: 

(14:35:59) haxorico: No one will belive me if I say "I got this song from 2pac on MSN" lolz ^^
(14:36:02) Lanaya: lolz.
(14:36:16) 2Pac: I AIN'T DEAD FFS.
(14:36:26) 2Pac: I'm a living legend, y'now.
(14:37:17) haxorico: why is 2Pac a legend?
(14:37:28) Lanaya: He's the worse rapper evar.

(15:42:51) Lanaya: can i suck , . . .

(13:55:21) ChatBot: 2Pac rolls 1d100 and gets 1.
(13:55:21) ChatBot: haxorico rolls 1d2 and gets 2.
(13:55:27) haxorico: owned?

GeorgeMots: xplain what happens in SP. Why cant you save?
dast.-:i need play with 2 players

(21:53:08) (673237): plzplzplz, im sorry about before.
(21:53:26) FatherSpace: I'm sorry you were born.
(21:53:31) ChatBot: (673237) has been logged out (Kicked).

(10:08:02) Bartimaeus: you do know run I youtube channel for my favorite music, right?
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

It doesn't matter. It won't effect spawning.
Daikynn
Newcomer

Post by Daikynn »

I figured it out. The way I set it up is probably a little bulky, but it should be alright since its just a 1v1 map. I completely missed the pick unit type command, so once I set that up the rest was cake. I did have to change the names of the spawns for Player 2, but that was just a copy/paste and edit the name. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it