removing attribute file kills the map?

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Brogath

removing attribute file kills the map?

Post by Brogath »

i have been editing a map by swapping the strings out with another text using a custom program.

however, the new strings seem to increase the size with nearly 0,8MB, exceeding the 8MB limit.
th mapoptimzer removes the attribute file and i dont see any changes in the rest of the files.

the map is below 8MB again but it does not open anymore in wc3, does removing the attribute file corrupt the map? i believed it was only a checksum that could be skipped.

if this is the wrong place to post this, please move it.
Last edited by Brogath on April 10th, 2011, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Program design today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
-- Rich Cook
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Re: removing attribute file kills the map?

Post by GeorgeMots »

I think it has got to do with your map optimizer and its settings. Post the map you edited and i shrink it for you.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)
Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
Brogath

Post by Brogath »

the map is not completely done yet, so this will have to be done several times, if you manage to shrink it, please tell me your settings.

in case you need it, my optimizer settings are:
MPQ optimization: none
Script Optimization: remove comments and useless spaces, enable "map-script only" optimizations
Map Optimization options: also optimize other scripts, optimize string usage
Extra cleaning: Remove editor Suffixes, remove editor only files, remove as much WE-only data as possible

for some reason the upload to the site did not work (it lasted well long) so i uploaded it to megaupload, here is the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZA6112SI
Program design today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
-- Rich Cook
haxorico
Super Moderator

Post by haxorico »

if the map size was okay, than just optimize the .j file using vex optimizer (3 options without the extra options button) and then add it back using MPQMaster, and compact flush
Spoiler:
(02:24:09)

Code: Select all

ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:28) Lanaya: Gtfo ken.
(02:24:33) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs out of the Chat.
(02:24:40) Lanaya: Thought so. bitch.
(02:24:44) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:48) FatherSpace: Can I come back yet?
(02:24:51) Lanaya: What'd i say earlier.
(02:24:51) Lanaya: No.
(02:24:58) FatherSpace: Let's try this...
(02:25:01) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).

(14:33:51) 2Pac: Do you know what'S so funny?
(14:34:01) Lanaya: No, please show me.
(14:34:07) 2Pac: This.
(14:34:09) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).
(14:34:10) 2Pac: 

(14:35:59) haxorico: No one will belive me if I say "I got this song from 2pac on MSN" lolz ^^
(14:36:02) Lanaya: lolz.
(14:36:16) 2Pac: I AIN'T DEAD FFS.
(14:36:26) 2Pac: I'm a living legend, y'now.
(14:37:17) haxorico: why is 2Pac a legend?
(14:37:28) Lanaya: He's the worse rapper evar.

(15:42:51) Lanaya: can i suck , . . .

(13:55:21) ChatBot: 2Pac rolls 1d100 and gets 1.
(13:55:21) ChatBot: haxorico rolls 1d2 and gets 2.
(13:55:27) haxorico: owned?

GeorgeMots: xplain what happens in SP. Why cant you save?
dast.-:i need play with 2 players

(21:53:08) (673237): plzplzplz, im sorry about before.
(21:53:26) FatherSpace: I'm sorry you were born.
(21:53:31) ChatBot: (673237) has been logged out (Kicked).

(10:08:02) Bartimaeus: you do know run I youtube channel for my favorite music, right?
Brogath

Post by Brogath »

flushing with mpqmaster never seems to do anything for some reason. is it bugged in the '1.3.1 build 42' version?

optimizing the script alone using the map optimizer gives me 0.05% reduced size XD

but placing this new one (or even the old one) in the map increases the map size with the .j size. i know flushing should fix it but it just does not seem to work.

is there another program that can flush? perhaps i can try using some other program(s)
-- Rich Cook
Nuuby
Forum Staff

Post by Nuuby »

Brogath wrote:the map is not completely done yet, so this will have to be done several times, if you manage to shrink it, please tell me your settings.

in case you need it, my optimizer settings are:
MPQ optimization: none
Script Optimization: remove comments and useless spaces, enable "map-script only" optimizations
Map Optimization options: also optimize other scripts, optimize string usage
Extra cleaning: Remove editor Suffixes, remove editor only files, remove as much WE-only data as possible

for some reason the upload to the site did not work (it lasted well long) so i uploaded it to megaupload, here is the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZA6112SI
Theres your problem.
Brogath

Post by Brogath »

using any of the mpq optimization options will decrease map size with something around 97% and as one can expect, it kills the map badly.

so perhaps both the map optimizer and mpq master hate my ass as well as the map but i'm still curious what kind of settings you use...
i mean, the file is right there if you could just give it a few tries to decrease the size and tell what program+settings you use that would help, even if it fails.
-- Rich Cook
Bushido
Not an Admin, and Not Unique
Title: Der Boss :D

Post by Bushido »

I'm using Vex's optimizer and those are my Settings:
my settings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Download Senethior's tool package here!
Spoiler for Funny shit:
Kryptonyte wrote:Pew-pew, together, 2pac and I can take over the world. Muhahahahahaha.
Kryptonyte wrote:@2Pac, You're a G. Keep your pimp hand strong.
Kryptonyte wrote:anyways i gtg, PEACE, MR. ZOMG O SO PRO U RAWKZ0RZ SUM BoXZ()RZ

(23:22:14) FatherSpace: BWAHAHA
(23:22:21) FatherSpace: I am 1337, you must fear my coolness.
(23:22:51) FatherSpace: I got bored, so I made a Python script so now whenever I open Terminal, I get a random haiku from here: http://www.smalltime.com/Haiku
(23:24:12) FatherSpace: afk... Killing myself. :(

(03:52:56) ChatBot: (673237) logs into the Chat.
 (03:53:08) (673237): plzplzplz, im sorry about before.
 (03:53:26) FatherSpace: I'm sorry you were born.
(03:53:31) ChatBot: (673237) has been logged out (Kicked).

(21:39:14) GeorgeMots: Jen are you there?
(21:39:44) 2Pac: ...lol?
(21:39:49) 2Pac: (21:22:22) ChatBot: UndeadxAssassin has been logged out (Timeout).
(21:39:52) GeorgeMots: w00t
(21:39:54) GeorgeMots: rofl
(21:39:58) GeorgeMots: *facepalm*
(21:39:59) 2Pac: you definetly fail
Get to know Bushido alias 2Pac alias King-Bushido!
Nuuby
Forum Staff

Post by Nuuby »

Brogath wrote:using any of the mpq optimization options will decrease map size with something around 97% and as one can expect, it kills the map badly.

so perhaps both the map optimizer and mpq master hate my ass as well as the map but i'm still curious what kind of settings you use...
i mean, the file is right there if you could just give it a few tries to decrease the size and tell what program+settings you use that would help, even if it fails.
That would only happen if the map is already optimized [Thus having its listfile removed]. If you still want to optimize the map just specify an external listfile