[Deprotect] Castle Fight 1.14b

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

whiteh20
Newcomer

[Deprotect] Castle Fight 1.14b

Post by whiteh20 »

Map: Castle Fight 1.14b
Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/313549/Castle_Fight_v1.14b.w3x
Cheats: Nope, just a deprotect please.

Could you please describe to me how you deprotected the map? This isn't my only interest in having the map deprotected but it would be great to know how so I can do it for myself. It's instantly defeating MPQEditor to the point where I can't even get to the "Use read only" screen, and thats not covered in the Advanced Cheating topic.
Nuuby
Forum Staff

Re: [Deprotect] Castle Fight 1.14b

Post by Nuuby »

If you would like to know more of the process and less of the result I could move this to deprotection for ya. I'm sure lots of people want to know how to get into CF other then MPQ View.
whiteh20
Newcomer

Post by whiteh20 »

That would be great!
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

Open the map with MpqView, extract everything, and then create a new MPQ using that, and deprotect that.
whiteh20
Newcomer

Post by whiteh20 »

That would be great if I could find MPQView anywhere (any links I have found are dead) but when I open it with any tool I do have (MPQEditor, RMPQEx, MPQMaster, MPQRecover), they instantly crash. I don't even get the chance to select Read Only in MPQEditor.
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

Not all links..
http://forum.wc3edit.net/useful-tools-f ... t6303.html
Granted he didn't name it MPQView, so a ctrl f in the tools section doesn't find it.
Nuuby
Forum Staff

Post by Nuuby »

whiteh20 wrote:That would be great if I could find MPQView anywhere (any links I have found are dead) but when I open it with any tool I do have (MPQEditor, RMPQEx, MPQMaster, MPQRecover), they instantly crash. I don't even get the chance to select Read Only in MPQEditor.
An older version of MPQEditor works on CF. Allows you to know the correct number of files for un-corruption as well. I'll upload it when I'm on my laptop again s: