Few Questions about protected map editing.

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Crixus
Newcomer

Few Questions about protected map editing.

Post by Crixus »

Hi.
I have some questions about protected map editing (to example DotA):
1. what is the tool of joice to work with slk files?
notepad isnt handy at all, and if i use libre office the game crashes as soon as i try to start the map.
2. What do i have to do to change a heroes statgain/dmg/etc?
I suppose i have to work with UnitBalance.slk, but how can i find out in which position (x/y) my heroe is placed?
3. i tried to change the cost of kelens dagger by setting all fields that said 2150 in ItemData.slk to 20.
However, after replacing the file it costs still 2150 ingame :/
4. could you give me an example how i can find the script of a specific spell in the war3map.j - to example meathook or the kunkka torrent? i actually made it to edit bloodstone a little bit, but i didnt made out how i get the spell ID of the most spells till now :/
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Re: Few Questions about protected map editing.

Post by GeorgeMots »

1. Excel is your choise but if you dont want to mess with MS and such... use silk editor, its on war3campaigns.net

2. Get the raw code of the ability with RMPQex (theres a guide about it) and open abilitydata.slk. Search for the raw code in there and edit your desired field.

3. Make sure you edited the proper file. Though im pretty sure you edited the correct file, you might messed up with notepad when saving loosing all slk coding. Try with excel.

4. You have to restore the intergers. This will help you see the spell ID as well as units etc. To do that, use Vexorian Optimizer.

Edit: I know this post doesnt have much info. Feel free to ask for further info.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)
Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this