[Help] I Am Legend 4.4

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

undefined

[Help] I Am Legend 4.4

Post by undefined »

I'm not sure if this is the right section.. Sorry if it's not.

I just finished editing the I Am Legend 4.3c map, and stuff, added a few models, changed a few units.
After I was done, I saved it in JassNewGen 5d, and when I tried to play it in game, It wouldn't let me create the game, I click it, type in a game name, click create, and it just brings me back to the map selection.

Help me out please.
Here's the map.
I Am Legend 4.4.w3x

[EDIT]

Here's the video of what happens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxMdVYJyb1Q (I don't know how to attach videos to this site)
:neutral:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Re: [Help] I Am Legend 4.4

Post by GeorgeMots »

Its probably an error in the script. Do a search with jasscraft and fix the errors.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)
Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
undefined

Post by undefined »

There was errors at the end, but I'm not sure how to fix them.

It says theirs 4350 compile errors...
Last edited by undefined on January 30th, 2011, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

post the errors and the script.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)
Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
undefined

Post by undefined »

Here's the scripts folder, with the war3map.j as well as a video of the errors
scripts.zip
The Video

[EDIT]
Still can't fix it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

All these errors are mostly due to bad coding. For instance, there's an error with gg_trg_save_Code being an undeclared variable. That's your problem right there; it's not defined, as a local trigger or a global one. The whole function is adding those actions (checking for players to type -save) to a trigger that doesn't actually exist. It looks like almost all of the globals have generic, obfuscated names, like udg_trigger169. I suspect most of those undeclared variables actually were declared, but with different names. Like the globals were obfuscated and the rest of the map didn't come along.

Or, another common error is something like "Symbol Doodad003160_DropItems multiply defined". That's because it is. There are two functions in the map with that exact name. The same is true for CreateAllDestructables, CreateAllItems, and CreateBuildingsForPlayer8. I checked a few of them; the two functions aren't identical, either, so it's not simply that they were duplicated.

I don't know why all these errors occurred. Was this map deprotected, and you're trying to edit it? It seems like that has the potential to cause a good deal of these problems.

Thank you for PMing me. It pulled me out of my accidental semi-retirement. I forgot how much fun this all is, and now that I've got a working computer and setup that will let me hack maps, not to mention a decent amount of spare time on my hands... I guess I'm back!
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
undefined

Post by undefined »

Senethior459 wrote:All these errors are mostly due to bad coding. For instance, there's an error with gg_trg_save_Code being an undeclared variable. That's your problem right there; it's not defined, as a local trigger or a global one. The whole function is adding those actions (checking for players to type -save) to a trigger that doesn't actually exist. It looks like almost all of the globals have generic, obfuscated names, like udg_trigger169. I suspect most of those undeclared variables actually were declared, but with different names. Like the globals were obfuscated and the rest of the map didn't come along.

Or, another common error is something like "Symbol Doodad003160_DropItems multiply defined". That's because it is. There are two functions in the map with that exact name. The same is true for CreateAllDestructables, CreateAllItems, and CreateBuildingsForPlayer8. I checked a few of them; the two functions aren't identical, either, so it's not simply that they were duplicated.

I don't know why all these errors occurred. Was this map deprotected, and you're trying to edit it? It seems like that has the potential to cause a good deal of these problems.

Thank you for PMing me. It pulled me out of my accidental semi-retirement. I forgot how much fun this all is, and now that I've got a working computer and setup that will let me hack maps, not to mention a decent amount of spare time on my hands... I guess I'm back!

You're welcome :)
And yes, it was deprotected, is their anyway to fix the errors without doing it manually? Since.. You know, their's 4350.

Or is their another way to deprotect a map without screwing up the triggers?

I really wanna edit this map :sad: