how to change hero name in dota .

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

remix20
Newcomer

how to change hero name in dota .

Post by remix20 »

the map is dota v6.70c

Nevermore - yaphets
zeus - merlini ?

like that can you give me some tips ?
Hillo
Forum Staff

Re: how to change hero name in dota .

Post by Hillo »

When a hero is created, Wc3 randomly chooses a name from the "propernames" list of each unit. You can't change it with a command, but here's a list of all the special names.

Spoiler:
Name="Keeper of the Light"
Propernames=Ezalor,Ezalor,Ezalor,Ezalor,Ezalor,Ezalor,Gandalf,Ezalor

Name="Enchantress"
Propernames=Aiushtha,Aiushtha,Aiushtha,Aiushtha,Aiushtha,Aiushtha,Aiushtha,Bambi

Name="Shadow Fiend"
Propernames=Nevermore,Nevermore,Nevermore,Nevermore,Nevermore,Nevermore,Nevermore,Nevermore,Nevermore,Nevermore,YaphetS

Name="Dragon Knight"
Propernames=Knight Davion,Knight Davion,Knight Davion,Knight Davion,Knight Davion,Trogdor,Knight Davion

Name="Lord of Olympus"
Propernames=Merlini,Zeus,Zeus,Zeus,Zeus,Zeus,Zeus,Zeus

Name="Ursa Warrior"
Propernames=Ulfsaar,Ulfsaar,Ulfsaar,Fuzzy Wuzzy,Ulfsaar,Ulfsaar,Ulfsaar,Fuzzy Wuzzy,Ulfsaar,Ulfsaar,Ulfsaar,Ulfsaar,Ulfsaar

Name="Axe"
Propernames=Mogul Kahn,Mogul Kahn,Mogul Kahn,Mogul Kahn,Mogul Kahn,Mogul Kahn,Mogul Kahnt Touch This

Name="Dwarven Sniper"
Propernames=Kardel Sharpeye,Kardel Sharpeye,Kardel Sharpeye,Kardel Sharpeye,Kardel Sharpeye,Kardel Sharpeye,Kardel Sharpeye,Kardel Sharpeye,Kardel Sharpeye,Vasilij Zajcev

Name="Faceless Void"
Propernames=Gorzerk,Darkterror,Darkterror,Darkterror,Darkterror,Darkterror,Darkterror,Darkterror

Name="Lightning Revenant"
Propernames=Razor,Razor,Razor,Razor,Razor,Razor,Razor,Gillette

Name="Stealth Assassin"
Propernames=Rikimaru,Rikimaru,Rikimaru,Rikimaru,Rikimaru,Rikimaru,Rikimaru,Rikimaru,Rikimaru,Riki Martin

Name="Nerubian Assassin"
Propernames=Anub'arak,Anub'arak,Anub'arak,Anub'arak,A'noob Arak,Anub'arak,Anub'arak,Anub'arak

Name="Bone Fletcher"
Propernames=Clinkz,Clinkz,Clinkz,Clinkz,Clinkz,Clinkz,Clinkz,Clinkz Eastwood

Name="Spiritbreaker"
Propernames=Barathrum,Barathrum,Barathrum,Barathrum,Barathrum,Roadrunner,Barathrum,Barathrum

Name="Holy Knight"
Propernames=Jackie Chen,Chen,Chen,Chen,Chen,Chen,Chen,Chechen

Name="Witch Doctor"
Propernames=Vol'Jin,Vol'Jin,Vol'Jin,Vol'Jin,Vol'Jin,Vol'Jin,Vol'Jin,Vol'Jin,Vol'Jin,Moose

Name="Spectre"
Propernames=Mercurial,Mercurial,Mercurial,Mercurial,Mercurial,Mercurial,Mercurial,Mercurial,Mercurial,Mercurial,Mercurial,qwerty-

Name="Priestess of the Moon"
Propernames=Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Mirana Nightshade,Jumong

Name="Geomancer"
Propernames=Meepo,Meepo,Meepo,Meepo,Meepo,Meepo,Meepo,MeePwn,MeePwn,MeePwn

Name="Faerie Dragon"
Propernames=Puck,Puck,Puck,Puck,Puck,Puck,Puck,Kupu-Kupu

Name="Lifestealer"
Propernames=N'aix,N'aix,N'aix,N'aix,Gollum,N'aix,N'aix,N'aix

Name="Invoker"
Propernames=Kael,Kael,Kael,Kael,Kael,Kael,Kael,Kael,Kal-El

Name="Admiral"
Propernames=Daelin Proudmoore,Daelin Proudmoore,Kunkka,CoCo,Daelin Proudmoore,Captain Obvious,Kunkka,Kunkka,Daelin Proudmoore

Name="Shadow Demon"
Propernames=Eredar,Eredar,Eredar,Eredar,Eredar,Eredar,Eredar,Eredar,Giblet

Name="Guardian Wisp"
Propernames=Io,Io,Io,Io,Io,Io,Io,Io,Io,Io,Io,Io,Santelmo,Weird Ball
]SouL][ReapeR[
Forum Staff

Post by ]SouL][ReapeR[ »

I imagine if you take the unit data (I think it's .u, not sure) you can rename the heroes fine, then proceed to just re-insert the file back.

Of course you'll probably never get to play that publicly.
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

Open the unit.slk file and search for its name, edit it in there. Cant remember which file is exactly as i cant access my tools but give it a try and reply.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)
Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
Nuuby
Forum Staff

Post by Nuuby »

Its in NeutralUnitStrings.txt and CampaignUnitStrings.txt
for Nevermore and Zeus respectively. Just delete all the other Propernames except the one that you want. I'm not sure if strings are hash checked so you >might< be able to play with other people.
Kyoshiro
Forum Staff

Post by Kyoshiro »

Nuuby wrote:Its in NeutralUnitStrings.txt and CampaignUnitStrings.txt
for Nevermore and Zeus respectively. Just delete all the other Propernames except the one that you want. I'm not sure if strings are hash checked so you >might< be able to play with other people.
even if you could play with other players it'd only show the changed names for you.
If you have any questions drop in by chat sometime, chances are there'll be someone who can help you that's afking there, so the next best thing is to click the link on UndeadxAssassin's Sig and ask your question there.