[GUIDE] Deprotecting / Inserting a CP / Enabling SP

Cheatpacks and learning how to use them, as well as other guides for manipulating maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Danny01
Newcomer
Title: The Dark Knight

Re: [Guide] Deprotecting / Inserting a Cheatpack / Enabling SP

Post by Danny01 »

Also what if that you want to deprotect a map and add a cheat pack. If for example I'll try to deprotect Fight of Characters 8.0z (It's already done adding a cheat pack, but let's deprotect a fresh downloaded one) and when I open with MPQ Master or MPQ Editor and quite suddenly it shows an error of that you'll choose to the given two choices, "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send". I'm sure that we've already encountered that error. Yeah, you've said that if MPQ Master can't open the map you've open and it shows an error (what I've mention earlier) extract the files. How am I or how are we supposed to extract the files that's inside on the map when MPQ Master can't even open it. Is there any way to open it?
Be sliced by the blades of summer snow, fragile thing. ~Nanaya Shiki~
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

If MPQMaster fails, that's not surprising. Use Ladik's MPQ Editor. If that still fails, choose to open the map in read-only mode in Ladik's, which will use storm.dll and allow you to at least extract everything, make a new map, and insert the extracted files into that map.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Danny01
Newcomer

Post by Danny01 »

Uh, How do I do that sorry if I bother you that much I'm still learning on how to deprotect maps especially made by koreans because their maps are harder to deprotect.

Also what does this mean?

Any map that MPQMaster won't open has their MPQ header damaged. Extract all of the files, and then try to use MPQEditor to generate a new .w3x archive with all of the files.

So if that explains it, then I used RMPQ Extractor to open Fight of Characters 8.0z (fresh file, meaning nothing has added) and I click open below the map address allocator and it shows the maps imported files like the mdx, mp3, and blp files. For some reason when I try to follow your suggestion like open in read-only mode what does that mean? Also I've extract all of the files of the map so the next question is how do I generate a new.w3x archive with all of the files?

Sorry I am noob of this it's because I am new to map deprotecting.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

Ladik's MPQ Editor opens a little window when you use it to open a map, asking if you want to use a custom listfile, etc. etc., and at the bottom is an option for opening the map in Read-Only mode with Storm.dll.
Or you can just open it the normal way with RMPQEx, which does the same thing. Either method works.
In either case, extract all the files inside the map. Open MPQMaster (or basically any of the MPQ editors, really. WinMPQ and Ladik's MPQ Editor should work just as well), pull down the File menu, and choose New. Make a new map, open it in MPQMaster, and then insert all of those extracted files. This process is what we call "rebuilding" a map to remove MPQ header corruption.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Danny01
Newcomer

Post by Danny01 »

Now I'm really confused T_T!

Could you at least post a mini-tutorial on this one, because I really want to deprotect any maps on my own so that I won't request for the time that I know how. And for that I'll fulfill someone else request of deprotecting and adding CPs into the map.

Like screen shots I'm really getting depressed on this one.

Thanks in Advance.
banliau13
Newcomer

Post by banliau13 »

i failed on inserting cheats @_@ ahahahas
Risen
Forum Staff

Post by Risen »

...you're not the only one.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
El Capitan Pie
Newcomer

Post by El Capitan Pie »

so on the new runemaster rpg 1.10 I'm unable to find the single player protection either by going through this guide or trying to read through the entire thing on jc (I'm sure I missed plenty of things while reading through it even though I went through 3 times) I"m wondering if there are any other common sp protection triggers to search for or if anyone knows specifically the sp protection this map maker uses (if it helps, his sp mode disables the save function in the map)

I already have jjcp working in the map, just need to get rid of that sp protection.
Helly
Newcomer

Post by Helly »

the best guide ever ! thx Risen, now I can hack any map i want :) this is super cool !
dutamulia
Newcomer

Post by dutamulia »

I'm stuck after I opened the war3map.j with Jass editor, I can't to anything to the global thingy, I've tried to read the guide carefully.
I'm trying to cheat Afterlife advance AFTERLIFE map DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.mediafire.com/?nmymtng2dik
Hoping to remove the fog or max level at start. TQ